CHAPTER 1

𝐸𝑛𝑒𝑚𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 𝑎𝑡 𝑒𝑎𝑐ℎ𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜.

𝗠𝗢𝗟𝗟𝗬

"Oh my god, Mom, Dad, guys! Come quickly! I've got some amazing news!" I yelled with excitement rushing through me.

This is the best day ever.

They all rushed to me. I could see their worried faces, but little did they know what was behind my yelling.

"Guys, you won't believe it, but I finally got accepted!" I hugged them joyfully. I had been waiting for this moment my whole life. Finally, I got to study in New York.

Though I love Barcelona, my hometown in Spain, dearly, I've always dreamed of going to New York. It's been my dream since I was little to go there and become a famous model. They all looked at me and screamed, hugging me warmly. A happy tear fell from my eye.

I applied just two days ago and anxiously awaited their acceptance. I was scared they wouldn't accept me, but thankfully, they did.

Everyone was happy, except for my mom. She didn't seem thrilled with the idea, even faking a smile. It was obvious she wasn't happy.

I'm not Mom's favorite. I don't know why, but it's true. She's never treated me as well as my sister. Mom always treated me poorly, but never in front of anyone else. She's an angel around others, but not with me.

To be honest, no one knows I'm planning to live there in an apartment with my boyfriend, Pablo. We love each other so much; we've been together for about two years now.

He lives in New York, which is another reason I wanted to study there. As I said, it's my dream to travel to NYC. We've never met in person, only through video calls and chats. I'm so excited to finally see him in real life. Once they left, I finally got to talk to Pablo, so I video-called him.

"Baby, I got accepted! I'm so happy. We finally get to see each other in real life and live alone in an apartment, just the two of us. Can you believe it?" I said as soon as he answered.

"Babe? Oh god, I'm so happy right now! Wait, wait for me here. I want to play you some guitar." He got excited.

I laughed at him. He's so cute. "Um, Pablo, wait for me here. I'll call you back in a bit." I ended the call and quickly got up, not even letting him respond.

I heard noises from the door, and to my dismay, someone was there. "Who's in there?" I panicked.

"Why? Why did you lie to us, Molly? You lied to us all. Why would you hide something like this from us, huh? Do you think you're just going to have fun with your little boyfriend alone there?" That's my mother. Why is she being so dramatic?

"Mom, I promise it's not like that. Just let me explain," I said, trying to calm the situation.

"Explain? Explain what? I know the truth now. I know everything." She called my dad over.

Oh no, not my dad. He was strict about these things. He never wanted me to have a boyfriend at this age, let alone live with him.

"What's going on here? Why are you all shouting like someone died?" My dad said sarcastically, chuckling.

"Well, your daughter was lying to us all. She's been wanting to go to NYC not just because she loves it, but because she's planning to live with her boyfriend alone in an apartment," she spat out the words, a smirk on her face. She knows what she's doing. I can't believe her.

Damn it, Mom, why are you like this? "What? What did I just hear?" He's not even looking at my face.

"I promise, Dad, I was going to tell you, please." He cuts me off.

"And you're crying. You're not the Molly I raised. I didn't raise you like this. You're just a whore who's going to live with a man alone in an apartment." He slapped me across the face, and damn, it was hard.

My dad runs a company, and my mom doesn't work. I was going to NYC to study there, and I wanted to pursue modeling. It's my dream, but thanks to them, it's ruined.

Everything was perfect when we were young. I don't remember many details, but around fifteen, everything changed.

I mean, what? Can't a girl live with her boyfriend in an apartment? Or if she does, is she automatically a whore?

He overreacted, and she's so dramatic. None of this should've happened. We could've talked like normal people.

I wanted to live the life I wanted. Dad wanted me to work with him in the company, but I didn't want to.

I wanted to pursue my passion. It's my life, not theirs.

"You deserved that slap, and if you say another word, I'm going to lock you in your room, understood?" Dad pointed at me, his face cold. But what's going to happen now?

What about Pablo? How am I going to talk to him now?

Screw my life.

I tried to talk to him from my sister's phone, but she didn't even allow me. She was scared that Dad would catch her or something. I just wanted to explain what happened, but I guess that's the end for us.

I don't want this. I hate my life so much; I just want to die right now. I was happy. God, why did you do this to me? What did I do wrong in my life to deserve this? I swear, I'm so innocent, and I didn't do anything. Please, God, save me. Help me do anything.

Why is everyone against me right now? The whole family is against me. What happened to them? I feel like Mom brainwashed them.

Then what was all that? Was it all an act? They didn't truly love me?

My head is a mess right now; I feel like ants are eating my brain.

All I wanted was to have a good, normal life like everyone else. I feel like my life has become a movie lately. I just want to have a loving family, not one that forces me to do things I don't want to do.

I'm only eighteen, but that doesn't mean I can't have a boyfriend. I'm grown enough. I only wanted to go study in NYC and pursue my dream of becoming a famous model.

People are gossiping about me now, talking about how famous I am, my dresses, and everything about me.

Why can't this be? Am I that bad?