Tale 20

Tale 20

The Ending

Titus woke up with his right arm feeling numb.

But a warm smile bloom on his lips upon seeing Primrose’ face.

He was about to pull her closer for a good morning kiss when a small movement caught his attention.

Ah, that’s right. The twins were sandwiched between him and Primrose. The four of them fell asleep together last night.

They started sleeping huddled together like this a couple of months ago. And Titus just love seeing the three first thing in the morning.

He is living the dream. Its already been two years since he arrived in this small town. And seven months ago, he and Primrose finally got married.

Normally, when a royalty got married, the entire kingdom would celebrate. But Primrose and Titus had a simple wedding in this small town. It wasn’t a fancy wedding and only their close friends attended the event. But to Titus, it was the best day of his life.

It’s like a dream come true.

He watched the three sleeping figure with a smile. How lovely. He might really cry because he’s really happy. But he can’t cry because the twins will start calling him a cry baby again.

He watched as Primrose’s long eyelashes flatters as she slowly opened her sleepy eyes.

“Good morning.” He greeted in hushed voice, afraid to disturb the sleeping kids.

Primrose didn’t respond, but she kissed the palm of his hand in return.

Titus’ heart almost bursts out of his chest. Ah! Why is she so alluring so early in the morning?

“I might die early if you keep being like this.” Titus complains

“What did I do?” Primrose

“You’re seducing me.” Titus complains

Primrose smiled, “I didn’t. You just like me too much.”

Titus smiled back, “I do. But aren’t you tired?” Titus

“Why?” Primrose

“Because you’ve been running through my dreams all night.” Titus

Primrose gently throw a pillow on his smiling face.

“You’re so cheesy so early in the morning. And you’re becoming even more shameless each passing day.” Primrose

“You don’t like it?” Titus

“I don’t hate it.” Primrose

“So you like it.” Titus

Primrose didn’t respond. She likes Titus’ cute side. But she also likes his shameless side. She’s also surprise that she actually likes all of his sides. To be honest, she never thought that she’d actually fall for this man. What happened to them that night seven years ago is actually a blessing in disguise. If not for that, the twins wouldn’t be here today. And she might never spare a glance at Titus if not for what happened.

“What are you thinking about? Is it me?” Titus asked with sparkling eyes

He is correct but Primrose will never tell him that.

“Shut up, you will wake up the kids.” Primrose dismissed

“No they won’t—"

“Mommy, Daddy, a-are you fighting?” Niclaud asked with his eyes still half close.