Chapter ■ 16| decoy

"Espio and Charmy are already in their position." The Crocodile mentioned, snapping me out of my thoughts, apologized to him as I got drifted off.

"If it is about you talking with them, I'm right beside you, I'll fire them up if they do anything." I nodded as I began pacing my way out of the vehicle and began walking toward the cabin huffing at this surprisingly heavy box with a bothered look. To be frank, talking to these Mobian isn't exactly what drifted me off; It is about what Vector had said before we got into here.

"Chaos Emerald?"

"We will be having that Emerald?"

That thing, as if it were cursed, mentioning its name can get me into trouble. Somehow... Fear creeps in; what if Starline already knows where I am? waiting for the right moment to strike, to put an end to me; to break my memory, I-I'll have no control over my life or death.

"Should I steal the Emeralds? for Starline, he's the one who promised to get me back home. But if I do that, I'll lose Espio...the Chaotix... What if they are the real ones that will get me home... but if I don't get back to him... I know he'll hurt my kind instead...W-what if Starline found me before Espio sends me back, I-I'll be back to him, of course, he will never let me out unscathed, He and Infinite will definitely hurt me again."

A painstaking decision fights over my head... Unknown, as both lead to something good but with bitter consequences.

"I... I'll g-"

"Hey there pretty..." A smugly voiced man rose in front of me as the door swung making me snap back to my thoughts, his breath hitched and the hairs on the nape of my neck rose. I turned to face him with utter shock.

"What never seen a handsome Mobian before?" The guy smugly said, I cringed at what he said, his relatively small figure showed a wide grin on his face. His yellow and red eyes beamed right into me and I felt already disgusted about it, and the fact this Mobian is a skunk I can already smell something bad even if it does not yet reach my sensitive nose.

"Not a talker huh, interesting... what brings you here?"

"U-uh... Delivery, here's the package."

"Oh good, why don't you come inside." The skunk said opening the main door more for me to get in, but my body refused, as I wholly refused!

"Nghh... I think I'll pass thanks, I have something urgent to take care of!" I tried to leave, but he insisted.

"Oh please,  I don't think you are busy today... come on... a little mingle wouldn't hurt a bit... besides, I think this is your last package for today..." The skunk pleaded, but I could tell something isn't right as the firm grasp was felt between us. I want to break free, my guts were screaming to me to get away... but Espio hasn't even got any updates from the earpiece, I guess he hasn't found where the chaos emerald is kept, I just have to buy him more sometime.

"Sure..." I said dubiously and went along with it, the skunk took me inside, I followed his lead and walked into a living room with dirty plush couches, a big TV mounted on one of the walls displaying the news, and another screen showing a video feed on another, showing various figures of people around a room or two.

"This place has a nice view," I commented eyeing the huge window from the top as if I was being watched. My heart rate increased drastically and I started sweating. The room felt warm despite the AC and I couldn't help feeling like there were eyes all around me. I looked around, scanning the entire area.

The skunk was still leading me through the room by hand when suddenly the sound of the wind blowing against glass and trees echoed throughout the entire cabin as well as our surroundings.