3

Marlene took Ellie into another room to pack up for them.

Unfortunately, Marlene did not unlock her chains as she did Ellie. A man was tasked to keep guard of her until it was time to leave.

He started to get creeped out by the girl. She stood there staring at him at all times.

He turned away from her, although he could still feel those piercing eyes on him.

"I'm going to need that battery back, " Prim could hear a man say from behind the door.

Whatever was going on out there started to escalate by the sounds of it.

Second by second the man got more jittery. Why did it have to be him out of all the people that could have been chosen to keep guard?

"você tem filhos", she asked. The man did not answer. Instead he pulled out a knife and held it in-front of him.

At this moment, Prim knew she had two options.

She could quietly sit back down and concede with the demands of the fireflies without knowing where they were taking her or Ellie.

Or she could cause a distraction. For her, this meant harming innocent people. Well Innocent as a person can be in a world like this.

She choose the ladder.

Lunging with all her force, Prim ripped her chains off the wall. The silver metal made a clangorous clashing sound as it unraveled from her hands and hit the floor.

In a panic, the man's knife flew across the room. He tried to keep his balance as Prim pounced on him.

He threw himself agasint the walls in hopes of throwing her off.

It didn't seem to be working. Her nails dug into his skin as her grip got harder. She tore the fabric out of her mouth, unhinging her jaw as she bit his neck. A loud shriek came out of the man's mouth.

Prim bit into him until his skin tore. After, she was finally weak enough to be thrown off. There was a loud thud as she fell face-first onto the floor.

There was a loud breaking sound as the man burst through the secured door. He ran out into the hallway, interrupting the negotiation going down.

Roberts's eyes enlarged at the site of the bloody man. The men behind him all stepped back. "What the fuck," one muttered.

"Everyone just stay calm," Marlene said with her hand touching her gun.

"HE'S BITEN" another yelled.

Everyone started pulling out their guns. Robert watched as the man fell onto the floor. Marlene watched him as he eyed the room he smashed out of.

"What the hell do you go in-," he was not even able to finish his sentence as a bullet flew into his neck. Marlene couldn't let anyone else find out about the girls.

Kim let out a blaring scream as her ear flew off her head. Complete Chaos broke loose. The fireflies started shooting at Robert's men. Robert's men began to shoot at the fireflies.

In the end, the majority of everyone on both sides was dead. Marlene held her hand against her side, cursing to herself.

Regaining her senses, Prim picked up her cassette and stood up. Blood dripped from her nose leaving a trail behind.

"Aw shit," she heard Marelen grumble as she helped up Kim. Then the sound of footsteps filled her ears once again.

A man turned the hall corner. The door to the left swung open. Ellie came out brandishing a knife. The large man didn't even hesitate to throw her agasint the wall with full force.