Chapter 34: Oops

Luo Jun later got off the boat alone.

When it was almost dawn, Ming Lu asked Luo Chengxiu to come out to breathe, and he saw a figure lingering in the fog on the pier.

Luo Chengxiu didn't seem to look any better.

Minglu has seen a lot of people like him who put their interests first and are ruthless.

Nothing is more important than those business matters, and they naturally despise the physical and mental torture of others.

Small injuries and minor illnesses are not hypocritical, people come and go are not worth caring about, nothing is really serious to that point, you have to die in pain and despair.

Until now, Luo Chengxiu didn't even understand what his son who was "prepared to treat him" had experienced.

Luo Chengxiu even thought that Luo Zhi was just a little sick and felt unwell.

He still thought that Luo Zhi was just arguing with Luo Jun on the cruise ship, and because of the accident on the cruise ship, Luo Jun pushed him off the sloping side of the ship together with Jian Huaiyi who was protecting him.

Luo Chengxiu regarded this as an accident with the eldest son as the perpetrator.

The Ming family was not unreasonable, so they just took Luo Chengxiu into the reception room in the cabin, asked Luo family master to sit down and drink tea, and found someone to read Luo Zhi's injury appraisal and medical records over the years.

The reception room was odd, with extremely narrow walls, no windows, and a ceiling so high that it seemed impossible to see the head. No matter how you look up, you can only see the empty darkness.

Luo Chengxiu sat on the ice-cold concrete floor, looked at the cup of high-quality pre-rain tea brewed in front of him, and listened to these things without saying a word.

He hid in the shadow that seemed to have no temperature, and was silent for a long time before he said in a low voice: "I see, it's my fault."

It turned out that Mr. Ming wanted this, no wonder the Luo family would be forced to this point.

Luo Chengxiu clenched his palms hard, he said carefully, his tone was obviously stiff and stiff: "It's me who didn't fulfill my responsibilities, to him over the years..."

"You're probably mistaken, Mr. Luo." Ming Lu raised his hand to interrupt, "Have you memorized it?"

Luo Chengxiu was stunned: "...what?"

"How's it going?" Ming Lu looked kindly and turned his back to the half-light cast outside the door, taking away the injury appraisal from his hand.

Minglu's tone was very gentle, even as if he was carrying out the most common random check to a student who was only in his teens and was having a headache with his schoolwork: "How much have you memorized?"

Luo Chengxiu's mind went blank for a moment.

He has always been sensitive to crises, and at this moment, he felt uneasy for no reason: "He, he has bad ears..."

"Why not?" Minglu asked.

Luo Chengxiu's heaving chest suddenly froze.

"Why not?" Minglu probably thought he didn't hear clearly, and asked again, "Patriarch Luo, remember?"

Luo Chengxiu shuddered, and his back slowly climbed into the chill.

He instinctively realized that if he couldn't answer now, there might be some more serious consequences.