Preface

Hello and welcome! This is my first time participating in the ONC (Open Novella Contest) and I'm excited, and nervous! But I'm pumped for the challenge---especially to try to keep a story within 20-40K word count!

♢Synopsis♢

Vanessa Torres is a strait-laced property manager who leads with an iron fist and loves to follow rules. After an eighteen month dry spell, Vanessa finds herself trapped on an awful blind date until she's saved by a handsome stranger.

However, a night of passionate, reckless abandonment turns into a real life nightmare when she discovers her one night stand is the competition for a new construction lease up she's now managing.

Gabriel Tate loves to live on the edge. Enjoying the thrill of the unknown, his carefree life is interrupted by the gorgeous, no-nonsense woman he met by chance on night out. Now, he finds himself question if life is better left to fate or planning for a future he never knew he wanted.

♢Rating♢

The story will include adult content/humor, though I'm trying to tone down my usual spice level, lol. We'll see how that turns out, but I figure I'd include a warning upfront.

Open Novella Contest Prompts:

#5 flip a coin and make a life choice with it. Two choices, one coin, and no turning back. Do you dare?

#25 "If he smiled at you, he'll break your heart. If she winked at you, she'll rip you apart.

#39 On a blind date with a complete mismatch, you're increasingly uncomfortable, but too polite to leave. Then an attractive stranger comes over and gives you an out.