12. Blurred Lines

Song for the chapter: Urs ~ NIKI

VANESSA

I never gave it much thought to feeling drunk after a toe curling orgasm. Dragging air in and out of my lungs, my rising chest or back rather, moves Gabriel who's sprawled on top of me over my desk. It's a strange yet calming sensation being able to feel his heart thump against my back. His warm breath sends a chill down my spine and my skin erupts in goosebumps.

Sensing as he lifts his head from my shoulder he touches his lips to my neck and back. "Good?"

I smile at the fact that he's not able to form a complete sentence. I'm better than good. I'm fantastic.

"Yes. You?"

He nuzzles my neck groaning. "Mmm. Fucking fantastic."

My body vibrates with laughter and he winces. "Shit, baby. You're squeezing me."

"Hmm, I like the idea of holding mini Gabe hostage." I squeeze him again, just for the hell of it.

"Mini?" He repeats, sounding offended and then thrust into me with his more than average sized semi-hard on.

I open my mouth to rebuttal, but my head snaps toward the loud tapping on my office window. "Hello? Vanessa?"

"Who the fuck is that?" Gabriel asks, withdrawing from me as I scramble to get dressed and clear the sex-induced fog from my mind.

"It's Rose," the tenant answers on cue and I cover my chuckle with my hand. "I see your light is on. I need to talk to you, it's an emergency."

"Don't you have an after-hours emergency number?" Gabriel pulls up his pants and begins working on his dress shirt buttons.

"We do. But news flash: most residents never know how to use it! Where the hell did you throw my bra?" I question in a low whisper. He tosses it to me after picking it off the corner of my cabinet.

"Do you want me to stall her?"

"With what? Your dick? She's almost seventy." I reach with my toes to bring one of my pumps out from under my desk.

"Please. You seem to forget how charming I am. Old ladies love me." He tucks his shirt in his pants, buttoning them and finishing off with his belt.

"I've got this." I run my hands through my hair. "How do I look?"

"Perfectly fucked."

My eyes narrow. "I don't think that's how you're supposed to use that."

He grins as he pulls me closer, pecking my lips. "It's exactly how it should be used."

I pull away, giving him a stern look. "Stay here." He salutes in response.

Rushing out of the office, I adjust my shirt and pull down my skirt before I reach the main office door to unlock it. Rose is already standing there.

"Burning the midnight oil, dear?" She inquires.

I smile, gesturing to her for the leasing office.

"Hardly, just trying to get ahead, since we'll be doing inspections next week. That usually takes me out of the office a good chunk of each day," I say.

"What the hell do these two do then?" Rose waves her hand at Lily's and Jenny's desk after we walk in and she plops herself into one of the chairs.

"I couldn't do my job without them, Rose. So, what's going on, what's your emergency?" Trying to keep my smile cordial even though her assumption of what we do or don't do, annoys the hell out of me.