22. In The Clouds

Song for the chapter: I Got You ~ Jack Johnson

A/N: chapter contains mature content

VANESSA

I was right when I assumed Gabriel would fit in better with my family than I do.

He held his own against my family's inflated egos and their usual outdoing each other with life ambitions and careers. And I learned more about him during those few days as he conversed easily and freely with my brother, Uncles, Father and even my nosey mother.

He dabbled in philanthropy early in his college years which led him to start the foundation in honor of his grandma Millie. I was shocked to learn he first earned his law degree before he shifted to the real estate business that prompted him to get into the property management industry.

He surprised me by not wanting to stay over and used his Uncle's lake house down the road and assured me it was out of respect for my family; he eased my doubts with memorable make out sessions each night.

Stirring awake, from the gentle nudge on my shoulder I blink my eyes open taking in the exterior of my apartment building.

"You're home, gorgeous."

I lean away from his warm body and stretch with a loud yawn. "I guess this is goodbye. I'd invite you up, but I don't want you to have an allergic reaction to Sergio."

"I haven't stopped taking the medicine." His smile creates a warmness inside of me with an underlying simmering heat that's been building over the last few days. "I'll help you bring your things up."

Carrying a few of my bags, I get a headstart to unlock my apartment and check on all my pets.

"That's the last of it." Gabriel exhales, bringing in my suitcase, closing the door behind him. "I guess that packing you did for the other trip wasn't a trick."

"Hey." A pout comes to my face.

With a laugh he pulls me into him, wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzles my neck. My body hums with underlying sexual frustration. I pull his face away and move my lips over his in a slow kiss. His fingers thread into my hair, angling my head to deepen it, his tongue caresses mine. He breaks the kiss, skimming his lips along my jaw and down the column of my throat, causing my eyes to roll back in pleasure.

The two weeks we spent apart added to the last few days we spent together without connecting physically makes it feel like years since his hands have touched me like this, stroking fires everywhere. My own hands roam over his strong shoulders, back and the hard planes and ridges of his chest and stomach.

Our moans and heavy breathing surround us and I willingly follow as Gabriel leads us back to my room. He lifts my shirt over my head while I do the same to his and then work on his jeans while his hands undo the clasp of my bra.

His eyes trail down and appreciatively take in my bare chest, they darken before he crashes his mouth to mine in a hungry kiss. Fingers slip into the band of my leggings, tugging them down with my panties as my legs hit my bed and I lean back onto it.

I watch as Gabriel rushes to remove the rest of his clothing and then climbs over me, his lips and hands everywhere, tasting, caressing, pulling. My panting increases with the anticipation.

"Gabe, I'm ready." I whisper into his ear and then nibble on his lobe. His loud groan against my neck battles with my moans as he presses his erection against me.

"I think that's the sexiest thing I've ever heard," he says while his lips cruise over my nipples and his tongue swirls over the taunt peaks. Hearing his voice deeper than usual makes the throbbing in between my legs unbearable and I lift my hips against him hoping to ease some of the ache away.