Chapter 3

I got home and Lizwi wasn't back yet which is odd cause he is normally back before me but anyways I went to our bedroom and I first took a shower then I went to the kitchen and prepared dinner, I cooked creamy samp and mutton curry with a potatoe salad. 7:15 pm I was done and he was still not home so I called him and it went rang unanswered, I left 5 missed calls for him but he didn't answer although it rang which is strange cause when he won't make it for dinner he calls me. I dished up for myself and for him, but I put his food in the warmer. I ate then washed the dishes, dryed them and packed them away. I went to the office and I started working, the departments have been slacking since I wasn't at work and I intend on fixing that because I will not have lazy employees that get paid a lot. After working the clock hit 10 pm and Lizwi was still not home, I tried to call him but it rang unanswered again so I went to my laptop and tracked him, it showed that he was in some expensive restaurant I also hacked his smart watch to see if his heart beat is normal but I found out that it was normal no signs of panic or anything bad. I went back to his phone and it started moving meaning he was now leaving, I watched as he went to Thembisa and he stopped at some address for 15 minutes then he headed this way in Sandton. He was driving fast and I went back to his watch to monitor his heart rate and it was beating fast, could he be cheating on me? Just thinking about that made my heart stop for a few seconds but I brushed it off he promised that he has stopped and wants to be there for his family. I went back to his phone and saw that he was 5 minutes away from the house so I went to switch off all the lights and waited for him, luckily Esihle is still by her grandma's house because she refused to come back. I sat near the door where I could see him but he won't see me because it was dark.

He came in and closed the door slowly careful not to make a noise. Then he started to tiptoe towards the guest room, I wanted to talk but I also wanted to see what he was going to do so I let him be. He entered and then closed the door slowly, after 5 minutes I heard the shower opening so I tiptoed to the room and when I got in he was in the shower mhm I saw his suit on top of the bed and I went to smell it, it had a woman's cologne and it was not mine my heart sank, then I saw some lipstick on it, a single tear came out. While I was lost in my thoughts I heard the shower stop so I rushed out the to careful not to make a sound and I went to our bedroom and got inside the covers, I pretended to be asleep. He got in and got inside the covers too then brought me closer to him. I pretended to wake up and I switched on the side lamp, I turned to look at him and asked..

Me: where have you been?

Him: I was at work baby and I lost track of time

Oh he just lied to me.

Me: I called you but you didn't pick up your phone and you usually call me if you're gonna be working late

Him: it slipped my mind baby, I had a long day can I please sleep?

Me: oh, your food is in the warmer

Him: uhm it's late baby so I'll eat it tomorrow.

This motherfucker just lied to my face, well as much as it hurts, it takes two to tango so I slept. I woke up in the morning at 4am as usual and I woke him up and we went to the gym then came back, took a shower then I went to make breakfast and our smoothies, he came downstairs looking handsome as always but I couldn't bring myself to smile because of yesterday's events. So I just carried on making a cereal for him and I made a fruit salad for myself. When he saw that I wasn't giving him attention he came and hugged me from the back then kissed my neck.

Lizwi: my love

Me: yes

Lizwi: are you okay?

Me: yes I'm fine why?

Lizwi: are you sure? You don't sound okay to me

Me: maybe it's because someone made me eat dinner alone and didn't call me to inform me about his whereabouts