Chapter 74

Nobuhle's Pov

To say I am tired would be an understatement. I am drained to a point where I can't even stand these people anymore. Bab'Mbatha made me sit on the throne, and the weather changed. It poured heavily. Luckily, we were under a tent. I just wish Mlamlankunzi was here. She would've ripped off all these thirsty men's heads off. They have been looking at me with nothing but just on their faces. I was given my stick and crown, then names Queen Thingolwenkosazana of the Ngonyama Kingdom and ruler of the KwaZulu-Natal Province. I stood up, and lions appeared out of nowhere and bowed before me. Eagles, owls, and doves flew upon us. Everyone else got up and bowed before me while the lions got up and roared. They were shocked to see how powerful my ancestors really were.

My kids were brought forward and also shown to the people. Esihle was the first one to be introduced to her ancestors by Bab'Mbatha, who was burning the incense. He took Esihle's hand and brought her forward.

Bab'Mbatha: I give you Princess Amahleamazulu Esihle Emily Maphumulo.

The lions roared, confirming that she is indeed a princess. He took my kids who were held by their father and also introduced them. What happened next shocked me to the core. Ngonyama, Ndlovukazi, and Dlokodloko appeared in front of them. Some people got up and ran away while some stayed and watched in horror.

Bab'Mbatha: I give you Princess Ndoniyamanzi Minenhle Maphumulo, Mandlenkosi Bsukobuhle Maphumulo and Nkosenye Langelihle Maphumulo!

Ngonyama and Ndlovukazi shifted into their lions and roared in approval. My brothers also shifted and joined in, and screams were heard from each side of the corner. What shocked me the most is that even my nephews shifted for the first time and roared with them. The sun came out bright as ever drying up the land. Everyone was too stunned to even speak. I, on the other hand, stood up and went to speak.

Me: Mina uZulu, uMageba, uNdabezitha, uMntwana. Ngithi mina uZulu ka Malandela ngokulandela izinkomo zamadoda. uZulu omnyama ondlela zimhlophe. Mina uPhunga no Mageba. Mina ukaMjokwane kaNdaba. Wena wenkayishana ka Menzi eyaphuza umlaza ngameva. S'thuli sika Ndaba. uS'thuli sika Nkombane. Wena kasihhawuhhawu siyinkondlo bayikhuzile ngoba ikhuzwe abaphansi nabaphezulu. Wena kanogwaja omuhle ngomlenze. Wena kaMbambelashoba!!

There were whistles everywhere.

Me: Ngithi mina uThingolwenkosazana Nobuhle Angel Zulu, ngyafunga ngiyagomela ngizowuphatha umbuso kaNgonyama ngeke ushabalale embusweni bami (I Thingolwenkosazana Nobuhle Angel Zulu, I swear and I affirm that I will lead Ngonyama's Kingdom and it will not perish in my hands)

They all clapped their hands. My father made me sit down again he knew how tired I was. They took my kids back inside the palace where the royal servants were looking after them. I made sure to leave enough milk for them. Soon, the ceremony was over, and I was to engage with the royal families. I excused myself and went to feed my children before going back to meet them. The men kept on trying their luck with me, but I just didn't give in. They were more or less after power.

Right now, the Ngonyama Kingdom has exposed itself, and now people will know about us. There are news reporters here from all over. I'm sure everything is live as we speak. Food was dished out, and everyone enjoyed it. My father came to me with a worried look on his face. Oh God, what is it now!

Dad: ngisehlane ngiyalingwa (I am being tested)

Me: What is it now, baba

Dad: lonke loluvucu olugcwele la lifuna ukukushada abanye badala impela ontanga bami bafuna ukukwenza unkosikazi omncane (all of this dirt here asked for your hand in marriage even my age mates want to make you their last wife)

Lizwi: banganya! (They would shit themselves)

I looked at him up and down before replying to my father.