Chapter 38

Nobuhle's Pov

I woke up in the morning and checked the time. It was half past eight. I got off the bed and saw that Lizwi was still in my bed. I didn't want to wake him up, so I quietly went to take a quick shower. I got out and went to my closet. I lotioned and opted for short tights and a baggy t-shirt. I headed downstairs, and the house was clean, so I did a few touch-ups and started with making food. I first made a toasted sandwich for myself, and then I started with the main dish that the family was going to eat when they got here. I made steamed bread with grated carrots and tripe meat. Around 11am, Lizwi came downstairs looking fresh. Something is making me not get enough of him, I want him beside me all the time. I just want him to touch me, I don't even know why I went to sleep in his bed yesterday. I just felt the need to be next to him. I tried to fight it, but I lost that battle.

Lizwi: smells divine in here.

Me: I am making steamed bread and tripe meat.

Lizwi: Your so-called family should visit every week now.

I looked at him.

Lizwi: What? When was the last time you made it for us?

Me: Okay, you have a point. I'll make it more often now.

Lizwi: Thank you, mhm smells really nice here when are then coming again?

Me: 1 pm

Lizwi: Which gives me less than two hours to prepare for your scary father, not to mention that serious guy.

I laughed.

Me: Lethokuhle, he is the oldest

Lizwi: He was looking at me like he was about to chop my head off, never leave me in one room with that guy.

Me: Wait until you see Nqobani, Nqobizitha, and Nqobizwe angry.

Lizwi: Why were they angry?

Me: You will find out why today you will know the whole truth

Lizwi: Will it explain the things Esihle told me about?

Me: Yes

Lizwi: mhm, okay.

Me: Yeah, and I'm really sorry for keeping things away from you, but it was for the best that is why I asked everyone to not talk about me and them to anyone it should stay between us until I am comfortable with everyone else knowing.

Lizwi: I get it. It will be too much for you not to mention the striking resemblance you guys have

Me: And please don't scream or run away when weird things happen when they are here

Lizwi: haybo Nobuhle, I am a man. I don't scream.

Me: We will see about that

I carried on cooking and was done by 1 pm, on the dot. I ran upstairs and went to take another shower. I lotioned and took out my long light green dress and my slides. I tied my hair into a low bun and went downstairs. I heard a lot of rough voices, and I immediately knew that they were here. They were sitting in the living room so I went to greet everyone. I'm kidding, I went straight to my dad and sat next to him. He smiled and opened his arm, I got into them, and he held me.

Hlelokuhle: So we don't get hugs?

Me: Nibabi angifuni (you are ugly, I don't want to)

Nqobizwe: uzwile Hlelo umumbi woza kubhuti wakho omuhle (you heard Hlelo, you are ugly come to your handsome brother)

I got up and went to Lethokuhle. Nqobizwe gasped, and everyone laughed at him.

Me: yindaba uthe angiye kubhuti wami omuhle nangu ke omuhle (What? You said I must go to my handsome brother so here is my handsome brother)