SEVEN, i look to you and i see nothing

CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN.
season one

She never thought she would be wishing to be back in the QZ. Stella didn't care that she was "special", she wanted to go home. She wouldn't be in this situation if she was at home with her brother and sister, reading a bedtime story or singing to Savannah. She would be safe.

But she wasn't. Instead, Stella had her eyes squeezed shut, holding Ellie's hand as the Clicker rounded the corner near Joel.

The snarls made Stella jump and she opened her eyes, Ellie inhaling sharply. The Clicker turned to them, screeching loudly as if it could see them. Then it went to attack. Wrong time to open your eyes, Stella, she told herself.

Joel fired off rounds into the Clicker's stomach. It didn't even phase it, "Run!" Joel shouted. Another Clicker ran into the room. Tess shot at it and missed. Tess grabbed Ellie's arm, Ellie still holding Stella's hand. The woman began to pull the younger teen as Ellie pulled Stella to start running.

Tess crashed into something, making the three of them fall. Tess quickly got to her feet, telling them to run. Ellie began to army crawl and Stella didn't know where she was going. She turned the corner, Tess and the other Clicker ran past her. Stella couldn't breathe.

All was quiet around her. She could see the light from a flashlight shining toward the floor. She moved slightly, recognizing Joel as he checked the bullets in his gun, the flashlight being held between his shoulder and jaw. Silently, she stepped over to him, knowing the Clicker that was chasing him was right around the corner.

When he saw her, he didn't have to tell her to be quiet. She grabbed the flashlight, mostly so it wouldn't fall. She shined it at his hands as he finished checking his gun.

There were slow clicks heard and Stella closed her eyes again. She felt Joel take the flashlight from her hands gently. When she opened her eyes, she saw him glancing around the corner which she refused to do.

The Clicker screeched, walking in a totally different way. Joel motioned for her to crouch, peaking around the glass pane, they saw Ellie at the end of a table, staying as silent as she could. The two of them got over to her without any problems, the Clicker at the other end.

Joel told them to go, basically crawling to an exit. Stella let Ellie go in front of her. They didn't make it far. Glass crunched under Joel's feet and the Clicker snarled.

It was so quick. The Clicker jumped over the table. Joel and Ellie were under the monster within seconds, Stella had fallen to the side. She pushed herself up, staring at the sight of Joel and Ellie under the Clicker.

She was frozen. She couldn't do anything. Two gunshots rang out and it got off of them, snarling as it fell to the ground.

Stella stayed in her spot as Joel and Ellie got to their feet. The Clicker came back for them and Joel shot it again, using up the rest of his ammo. It laid dead on the ground in front of where Stella sat, her body shaking like none other.