TEN, under garden and calicos

CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN.
season one

"Ellie, what are you doing?" Stella questioned. They had to stop at a gas station so Joel could find gas for the truck. The girls had wandered inside and now, Ellie was aiming the gun she had found at herself in the mirror.

"I look like a badass," she said, pressing a button on the side of the firearm that allowed the magazine to come out. She counted the amount of bullets in it before checking the barrel for a bullet, and one fell out. "You still promise not to tell Joel?"

"Only if you promise not to tell Joel that I have one too," Stella said. She knew she wouldn't tell either way, but Ellie had had no clue that Stella had found one at Bill and Frank's. She needed to tell her sooner than later.

Ellie's mouth dropped open, "No fucking way. Let me see it."

Stella shook her head, opening her pack and grabbing the weapon, "I found it in the drawer in the bathroom after my shower. I'm surprised you didn't find it," she handed it to Ellie.

"I don't go looking through people's bathroom drawers, Stella."

"Just other drawers in the house?" Stella asked as a joke.

Ellie shook her head, giving the gun back as the blonde slipped into her pack.

Stella raided what was left of the shelves filled with snacks and started shoving stuff into her bag, she grabbed all this food she had never heard of before, most of it candy and non perishables, but all of it would probably be needed by the trio.

"What is all that shit?" Ellie asked as she watched the blonde struggle to zip up her backpack.

Stella shrugged, "I don't know, but I'm hungry and all this sounds pretty good."

"You're fucking insane, that's why we're friends," Ellie said with a smirk.

"You're friends with me because we have no one else and Joel can barely stand us," Stella told her and Ellie shrugged.

"Same thing."

This made Stella start laughing and it was a pure and genuine laugh one she hadn't experienced in months, maybe even years.

"I swear, Ellie, what am I going to do with you?" Stella asked and Ellie raised her shoulders, dropping them back down dramatically.

The blonde grabbed her pack, "Come on or Joel will come looking for us," Stella said as Ellie shoved her gun in her bag and followed the blonde out of the gas station.

They found him kneeling by the side of a car with a gas can. Ellie stared at him, "We have to do this every hour?"

"Gas breaks down over time. This stuff's almost water. Back in the day, we'd drive ten, twelve hours on one tank. You could go anywhere," Joel explained.