NINE, i tried to write it down

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE.
season one.

Stella was basically frozen in place as Ellie scanned a tilted set of lockers and two shelves in the small, underground room they were in. It reminded her of what officers at school called "the hole." Stella had spent a lot of her time there.

It was a pitch black room-with one small window-in the basement where they sent the kids who didn't comply to FEDRA rules, sort of like solitary confinement. Stella hated being in there, normally they treated people like shit when they were there anyway. Even though, she hated it, she just wanted to go home. They only wanted soldiers. She was just glad she got out before she turned seventeen, when she would get her assignment.

"Fuck yeah," she heard Ellie whisper, trying to grab something from the top shelf. "Check it out," Ellie said softly, shining her flashlight in Stella's direction.

The blonde lifted her head as Ellie waved around a box of tampons. Nice. She let out a breathy chuckle, "Well, that'll be good."

Ellie nodded, a smile on her own face. A snarl came from the darkness, making both girls jump. "Where's Joel?" Stella asked as Ellie grabbed ahold of her arm and pointed up to the upper level where they just were.

"Do we call him?" Ellie asks and the blonde shook her head, not wanting to draw anymore attention to the two of them.

"He'd be even more pissed that we were down here to begin with," Stella said.

Ellie lifted her flashlight and it illuminated an Infected, its body crushed under a huge pile of cement and cinder blocks. Slowly, Ellie let go of Stella's arm as she made her way toward the infected person.

"Ellie!" Stella whisper-yelled.

"Just stay there."

"Ellie, get back here!" Stella said, chasing the brunette down, making sure she stayed safe.

As they got closer, the Infected lifted its head and snarled again. A gasp escaped Ellie's lips as both of the girls flinched. Stella took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, trying to let go of the "holding her breath" tactic.

"God, Ellie, let's just get out of here," Stella said, sounding like a small child. Ellie followed her statement and nodded, pulling Stella's arm and started to force the two back up to the ground floor.

Ellie looked at the blonde, "Actually, you just stay here. I'll make sure it, like, actually can't get out, ever."

"Ellie, it's under cement," Stella argued. Ellie was still below and Stella watched as she walked away, "Goddamn it," Stella mumbled, making her way back below. Ellie was crouched in front of the thing. It had started to make clicking noises, but it hadn't fully transformed into a Clicker.

Ellie grabbed her knife. Stella shook her head, standing back as she let Ellie do her thing. She knew nothing would happen if the girl got bit and the Infected couldn't do anything to harm her. It wasn't long before she eventually stabbed it in the head, the Infected letting out a small gasp as it died.