Chapter 18 | Noah's Call

Evangeline

This bed is really uncomfortable

This bed is really uncomfortable. I really need Daxon to do something about this.

I continue moving myself in the bed, trying to find a comfortable position. He sighs realizing that I've won. He stares at me with a scowl and pats the empty side of the bed for me to sit in. I smile softly and lay down there.

I don't say thank you, because I know that he doesn't like it when I say thank you.

This bed is so much more comfortable than the one I've been sleeping the last few days. "This is so comfortable." I whisper snuggled.

He hums and continues looking at his computer. I turn around from him so I can sleep peacefully. I really need some sleep, my head hurts like crazy and I'm feeling exhausted.

I close my eyes, breathing in and out, and again, repeating the same pattern. Think of good thoughts.. think of good thoughts.. think of good.

...

I wake up with the sound of a phone dizzying. I look up to see that it's mine. I look at the screen to see who's calling me this time and I see that its Noah. Shit I forgot to call him. Ive been so busy thinking of plans for revenge and hanging out with my best friend and fake boyfriend that I completely forgot about Noah.

I pick up the phone. "Hey Noah," I say tiredly. "Finally you pick up! Ive been calling you for days now!" He shouts, although he's not angry, he's just upset.

"Me and Dad we're scared that something bad might have happened to you. Why didn't you pick up?" I was just hanging out with my friend and my-" I stop. Should I really tell Noah that I have a boyfriend?

Daxon is right next to me. He can probably hear everything that Im saying right now. I look at Daxon and he looks at me, not even making one small sound.

His expression is neutral. So that doesn't help me with the fact that I should tell Noah. "Evie?" He asks, "You're what?..." His tine is suspicious like he probably knows what I'm thinking.

"Nothing. Nothing important." I smile to myself. I look at Daxon once again and his grinning at me. Asshole.

"Evangeline Kay what are you not telling me?" My protective brother is now being really protective.

I hesitate. "Im sick. Today I woke up feeling really dizzy and I threw up and now I'm with a fever." He hasps from the other line.

"Evie are you pregnant!?" He screams from the phone. "What the fuck No!" I respond. "Okay good 'cause you know dad would not want another kid in the house." Noah exhales, relieved that I'm not freaking pregnant.

Why did he thought that? Im still a virgin. Thought he knew that.

"Why did you even think about that?" I ask disgusted. "You know, I just thought that you would actually want to do it with someone right? I mean you're already eighteen, its in freaking Miami and have no family member there to see if you're actually having sex."

"Ew, No." I respond grossed out. "So you're still a virgin?" He asks not even a bit shocked. "Yes," I say simply. "Good, 'cause you know what men can do right and I know that sometime's you can't resist them because they have an amazing dick and things like that but always say no okay?" I sigh impatiently.

"I know that Noah okay, I don't need you to reassure me this right now." I don't even want to look at Daxon's Face. His probably gonna start laughing right here and I don't want my brother to know that I'm sharing a room with a men.

"Do you like someone?" Noah asks out of the nowhere. I hesitate. "No." "hum... you hesitated.." he laughs. "my lil sister likes someone." "Noah stop please I don't." I say lower this time so Daxon won't hear it.

Noah chuckles from the other side of the call. I roll my eyes and looked at Daxon from the corner of my eye. His grin even darker. Noah did just embarrassed me in front of Daxon. Shit.

"Evie I need to go now, I'll talk to you later! Oh and reminder, do no have sex with any men-" I end up the call.

I cover my eyes with my hands and exhale deeply. Yes, Noah did embarrassed me infant of Daxon but the good point is that it could been worse... Right?

I hear a knock in the door. Right on time. Daxon sighs, gets out of bed and open the door. I don't see the person, but I do recognise that voice. "Hi, Is Evie okay?" Sage's worried voice comes over. Daxon opens the door a bit wider so Sage can come in and she does.

She looks at me and her face turns into pity.

"Evieee, you can't be sick its summer you need to be one hundred percent well!" She seats at the corner of the bed.

"I know, I know." I say rubbing my tired eyes. She hesitates. "You need some rest." Sage smiles weakly. I nod also smiling weakly and she stands up and hugs me.

"You deserved better." She whispers and I know that she is not just saying this because I'm sick in the summer. She also saying this because I lost my mother. Or that is what my brain is saying.

"If tomorrow you're still not well, I will buy you some medicine and we both will take care of you." She points her finger to Daxon. I nod.

She gives me one last hug and leaves the room. Daxon locks the door and goes back to his spot on the other side of the bed.

"Are you hungry?" He asks. "No, not really." He stares at me. "You need to eat something, it's gonna be good for you." Since when does he care for me? I sigh once again and nod.

He calls the room service and asks for some food for the both of us. "Food will arrive soon." He says smiling at me weakly. I nod smiling.

We wait until the food gets here and we eat silently. After that I got a little bit of more rest. Daxon was always next to me. He didn't even move an inch.

I feel safe around him. Knowing that he is always next to me to protect me from all the nightmares.

꒦꒷꒷꒦

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶

꒦꒷꒷꒦

Love them.