05.

05 - the visitor

When people heard of the incident, they had been quick to send meals

When people heard of the incident, they had been quick to send meals. Back at the hospital, I had been cornered by Chief Swan to thank me for saving Bella. Besides him, my grandparents and people from school swarmed me. And by the time Mom and I returned home, the answering machine was full of messages from concerned family and friends.

"They act as if I died." I joke as Mom plays through the messages, calling back the important ones.

"Small town like this, people freak out easily." She insists as I drop my backpack on the floor and stretch out on the couch. Closing my eyes I hope to block out the noise, tired from the extremes of the day. But under close lids, scenes from the crash flashed at me, so I force myself to stay awake and turn on the TV, switching my attention to the channels I flip through instead of the throbbing pain.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Between the chaos of Mom's soap opera and my guitar, the buzzing from the doorbell was drowned out until a loud knock startled me, causing my ice pack to slip off my head onto the floor.

"Coming!" I shout, trying not to trip over the clutter in the living room. Peaking through the windows, I caught sight of a shiny, silver Volvo waiting in front of my house, and with horror, I throw the door open to reveal Edward Cullen. "What are you doing here?"

"No hi? How are you?" He chuckles, holding papers in his hand. "How's your head?"

"Achy. What are you doing here? At my house?" I interrogate, unsure of how he even knew where I lived. In fact, I held back the urge to ask him how he got my address.

"Homework, from Trig and Biology." He holds the papers up from the last two days I had skipped in the name of sickness. If I'm honest, I could have returned today but I didn't feel like going back to school and Mom didn't object, getting another well-earned vacation day.

"I'm surprised they told you to bring them," I comment, taking them from his icy hands. He seems to notice, jerking them away from me, and into his raincoat pockets.

"Kinda volunteered to bring them. I'm sure your friends will have the rest of your homework." He shrugs, acting as if we've always been this casual.

"Oh, thanks. Have I missed anything interesting?" I asked, blankly flipping through my worksheets. I'll bother myself with them later.

"No."

"Are Bella and Tyler back?" I can't imagine Bella with her broken hand would've show up, especially since it was her writing hand that'd been crushed. As for Tyler, I'm unsure.