➳Important

• • • • •

Howdy folks, Dane here. 

I started writing Despise and Despair back in 2016 and began publishing it on Wattpad in 2017.

What started as a ridiculous idea (in my mind, anyway) resulted in this story. Unfortunately, back then, I was not the best writer, and there were many mistakes, such as plot loopholes and character mistakes. You name it; this story had it.

We all started somewhere, right?

Even though Despise and Despair, for me, was terribly written. You folks decided it was good enough to read, and since then, we have made it to 400k reads. 

I'm so very grateful for your support.

Therefore, with great pleasure, I make this announcement to you all.

I have finally started rewriting Despise and Despair.

Please note that the overall plot won't change too much. However, I do plan on improving the characters and their development throughout the story. 

Chapter-wise, some scenes will be entirely rewritten, while others will be simply edited.

Also, the setting of this story is in the 1800s. It doesn't give a precise year. 

➳ SPOILER: 

As I reflect on the story, I realize that certain scenes, such as Olivia's frequent passing out and injuries, may need to be edited out or removed. While some are important, I don't think they are essential to the plot. Olivia is a strong character who endures a lot of difficulties, but having her pass out at the end of each chapter is not necessary and diminishes her role as the main character.

Our main characters are as follows;

Olivia Lucy Anne

Mr Ross Stafford

Supporting characters;

Alexandre

Sir Peter

Captain Markus Padalda

As I reviewed my written work, I identified several plot holes that needed to be addressed. My goal is to fix these issues while also enhancing the flow of the chapters. I understand that no piece of writing can ever be perfect, but I want to make significant improvements to my story. I hope that my readers will appreciate the effort I am putting in to make your reading experience more enjoyable.

The sequel has been removed until this one is completed, as I may need to go back and change a few things in the sequel, too.

In the meantime, I do have various other stories you can check out on my profile.

As a writer, I appreciate your continuing support.

Thank you.

Love, Dane ❤