⛸️| PROLOGUE

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

There were many guys who chased after Jocelyn over the years, but the only man that remained in her eyeline was Luke Hughes. Growing up, Luke and Jocelyn were inseparable. Jack always teased them for never leaving each other's side. "Lukey and Jocelyn sitting in a tree! K-i-s-s-i-n-g!" he'd always sing.

"Shut up!" Luke always yelled, but Jocelyn never really minded the teasing. She had always liked Luke, but usually kids grow out of puppy crushes.

Now that Jocelyn was a junior in high school, it was all she could think about. He was all she could thing about. She was stuck on the thought of confessing her ever-longing love for Luke or if she should let it pass.

This was the year Luke was graduating high school and moving to Michigan. This might be her last chance to confess her feelings. Especially now Luke was super busy with hockey. He was a star hockey player in the US which meant a lot of traveling.

In her Algebra 2 class, Jocelyn sat at a table with her friends Asher, Sienna, and Grayson. "I don't know, guys. I really think I should just go ahead and tell him," she muttered.

Sienna seemed to be the only person who actually was invested in her drama. She was always asking for constant updates of Jocelyn's hopeless chase for Luke. "You need to, Jocelyn! He's leaving this year," she said. "Plus, have you seen the way Kelsey looks at him?" she pointed out.

"Wait what?" Asher asked, looking up from his worksheet. "Who are we talking about?"

Sienna rolled her eyes, letting out a loud groan. "We're talking about Jocelyn and watermelon!" Watermelon was the group's code name for Luke. He was very popular not only around school, but around the world. She had been using the name for years, and yet no one seemed to figure out that watermelon was Luke. Not even Luke.

"Oh," Asher replied.

"Jocelyn. I love you, but I am so sick of hearing about you and watermelon when you continue to say and do nothing," Grayson cut in. "I get you're building the plot up but it's seriously time we get to the end of the movie where you two fall in love." Jocelyn's face scrunched up, but she knew it was true. "It's May 5th. Graduation is in less than a month."

Jocelyn's lips pursed as she tapped the tip of her pencil against the worksheet. Gray's right. It's time she actually said something to Luke. "Okay," she sighed. "But how do I tell him that I like him more than a friend?"

Grayson put his pencil down on the table and leaned forward. "Alright," he started. "Here's what you're gonna do..."

. . .

The plan was simple. Just tell him straight up. Gray said it would be better to say something to him either in person or on the phone because things can get misinterpreted over text. Jocelyn knew he had experience when it came to dating, so why wouldn't she take his advice?