⛸️| CHAPTER 5

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

I sat on the kitchen island again while sipping on my second beer. I was trying not to get too drunk. My first college party experience felt very overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time. Hayden sat next to me while sipping on something a little stronger. "So, what happened in that closet?" She asked, her words slurred to the point where I could barely make out her sentence.

I let out a sigh. "Well," I started. I took a long sip before speaking. "Uh, he told me that he broke up with Kelsey because of me."

She choked on her drink causing her to cough excessively. Rutger patted her back while looking at me. "Wait what?" Rutger and Asher said at the same time.

I nodded my head, "Yeah... he told me that he doesn't didn't feel the same happiness with her as he did with me." I ran my fingers through my hair and drank some more.

Hayden cleared her throat so she could speak again. "Why do you seem so upset?" she asked.

I shrugged, "I just feel bad, you know? Kelsey really liked him." The alcohol was making its way up to my nose now so I took a big swig to wash it down.

"I mean you and Luke are basically perfect for each other. Like seriously. His personality matches yours better than anyone else can match yours," she said. "He knows exactly what makes you laugh when you cry, knows what makes you angry when you're sad, when you're mad at him, which buttons you push when you feel threatened by him, when you're relaxed or stressed... Hell, I think everyone knows that you're both in love with each and you guys have been for your whole lives."

Asher raised his red cup up. "I second that!"

I nodded my head slowly while laughing in disbelief "Thanks for the confidence boost, Hayden and Asher, but we weren't dating."

Asher snorted. "Yeah, okay, maybe not officially."

Before we could continue, Luca ran over to us. "Jocelyn!" he yelled. "Luke's in the bathroom right now puking his guts out! He's fucking wasted and he keeps asking for you!"

Panicked, I followed after Luca who led me to the upstairs bathroom where Luke was. The door was shut and I could hear Luke gagging. I knocked on the door and yelled, "Luke? It's me! Can I come in?"

"Uh huh," he mumbled. I opened the door and saw Luke leaned over the toilet while sweat dripped from his forehead. "Hey, Jocey."

His voice was hoarse and shaky. I frowned as I looked over at Luca. "Can you get a bottle of water?" I asked. He nodded his head and rushed off. I walked over to him and sat down on the edge of the bathtub next to the toilet. "This is why we don't drink a lot in a short period of time, Lukey..." I ran my fingers through his hair.

He moaned in pain, "I know..." He started gagging again and puked in the toilet which caused me to look away from him. The sound of him vomiting made me feel queasy. If he were willing to protect me, I knew I had to return the favor.

Luca came back shortly with the water and handed it to me. "Are you sure you can handle him by yourself?" Luca kept asking over and over. Everytime I answered yes. I knew Luke best, I knew how to comfort him when he needed it. "Just yell for me if you need anything," he said as he walked out of the bathroom, slowly shutting the door behind him.

The bass from the music blaring over the speakers downstairs vibrated the bathroom as Luke and I sat around. "Drink up," I told him as I handed him the water. He took it from my hands and began chugging it. "How many beers did you have?"

He swallowed the water and placed the bottle on the ground next to him. "Like... 5... maybe 7," he answered. He slowly blinked his eyes while staring at me. "I didn't mean to drink that much." He sounded apologetic, like it was an honest mistake.

I frowned. "Well, maybe you'll learn your lesson," I said as I patted his back. We sat in silence for a while as Luke went through periods of puking and drinking his water. Finally when it died down, I got up from my spot on the tub and rubbed his back. "Let's get you to bed." I held out my hands and pulled him to his feet which was merely impossible. I did have to work out regularly, which made it a bit easier to get him up. Just not by much. He led me to his bedroom and when I opened the door, I saw a couple making out in there. "Uh!" I yelled, "Excuse me.."

Luke poked his head through the crack in the door and the two immediately rushed out. "Looks like they didn't do anything in my bed," he said as he flopped down onto the mattress. I grabbed a trash can from under his desk and put it next to the bed. I couldn't leave him here like this, I had to stay until he at least fell asleep. I sat down at the edge of the bed and sighed. "Jocey?"

"Yes, Luke?" I looked back at him as a small smile appeared on my face.

He sat up from his spot on the bed and looked me dead in the eye. "Did you regret coming tonight?" he asked. There was a soft look in his eye.

"No. Why?" I responded, tilting my head to the side.

"Because I really want to kiss you," he said in a tight voice.

My tongue tied. I stared at him with my eyes widened. "Luke..." I frowned. "I can't. You're drunk, you don't mean it."

"Of course I do, Jocelyn." He used my real name. He never uses my real name. "I love you."

I shook my head and forced a smile. "You're drunk. Your mind's not in the right place. Just get some sleep." I placed my hand on his before getting up from the bed.

He looked defeated as he laid back down. He shut his eyes and snuggled up with his pillow. I watched as he slowly dozed off. When I knew he was fully knocked out, I let out a long exhale before leaving the room.

He just said he wanted to kiss me. There's no way Luke Hughes wanted to kiss me. Luke Hughes just said he loved me. Luke Hughes is laying drunk in bed. He'll realize he messed up when he's sober. He'll realize he didn't mean it in the morning. I slowly shut the door behind me and made my way downstairs. I couldn't be here anymore, I had classes in the morning.

I went back to the kitchen to see that Hayden and Rutger hadn't moved from their place. I guess I wasn't gone that long. "Is Luke okay?" Rutger asked as I approached them.

"Yeah, he's upstairs sleeping right now," I answered before looking at Hayden. "Can we go back to the dorm?"

She looked up at Rutger and then back at me. "Yeah, of course. Can you come with us?" Rutger agreed and we made our way to the front door.

On the way out, I saw Asher and Luca sitting on the couch together laughing and talking. He spotted me and smiled, I smiled even wider and winked at him. "Good luck," I mouthed to him.

"Thank you," he mouthed back and went back to his conversation. We left the frat party and made our way back to the dorms.

A/N; I have decided that my schedule for posting will be every other day of the week other than Sundays! That means schedule will me Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This just helps me stay organized with other things! TYSM for over 600 reads!!