⛸️| CHAPTER 7

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

I stared at myself in the bathroom mirror while fixing my hair. Everything leading up till this date felt so slow. My classes, practice, even lunch with Hayden and Asher. Now that it was almost time for Luke to pick me up, I felt like I didn't have enough time to get ready. Sure it was a simple arcade date, but did I mention that it was with Luke Hughes? The Luke Hughes??

I heard the front door open and in came Hayden with Rutger. I had the bathroom door open, so I could see them giggling with each other as they entered. He was getting a little handsy with her and she clearly hadn't noticed me in there yet.

"Hey guys!" I yelled so they knew I was seeing everything.

"Hey," Hayden said. She looked up and saw my outfit. I was wearing a white baby t-shirt with light washed mom jeans. I had a flannel on and my white Air Forces. "Woah... where are you going?" I must've forgotten to tell her about my date with Luke.

"She didn't tell you?" Rutger asked. "She's going on a date with Luke tonight." Of course he had to say it before I could. I shot a glare at him.

Hayden's jaw dropped open as she looked back at me. "Jocelyn! Why didn't you tell me at practice?" It honestly flew over my head, it didn't feel real.

"Well, he just asked me today and I didn't want Valerie to hear," I winced. I didn't mean to hurt her feelings by not telling her. It was worse that Rutger made it sound like I told him and not her on purpose. "Rutger was just at the house when it happened."

Hayden looked up at him with confusion. "Luke kept telling us that he was gonna ask her out, so I told him if he didn't today then I would myself." Hayden's eyebrows furrowed even more. "Like I would ask her for him!"

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. Just have fun, Jocelyn." She smiled at me. "Don't stay out too late and be safe."

I nodded my head, then my phone buzzed. I reached for my phone and saw Luke texting me.

LUKEY‼️

Hey
I'm here :)

Heading down!

"Alright, I'll see you two later," I said before grabbing my tote and dorm keys. "Don't have too much fun." I winked before heading out. I made my way down the hall and down the elevator.

When the doors opened, I saw Luke waiting outside the lobbt entrance. He was on his phone scrolling on something. He looked up and his eyes lit up, my heart did flips in my chest as I opened the door. "Hey," I beamed.

"Hi," he said like he was out of breath. His eyes scanned over my outfit. "You look nice."

I laughed, looking at his outfit. It was consisted of grey sweatpants, a hoodie, Hey Dudes, and a beanie. "Thanks, you too," I replied. He lead me to his car and I hopped in the passenger seat.