⛸️| CHAPTER 8

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

I cradled the ball with my stick as I waited for Hayden to finish tying her sneakers. We had decided to practice for a bit on Elbel Field because I wanted to talk to Hayden and Asher about Luke. I could talk to Hayden whenever I wanted during lacrosse practice, but Asher played baseball. Not to mention Valerie would be on my ass about me and Luke going on a date.

"Okay, I'm ready," Hayden said as she held her stick up. I launched the ball to her and she caught it. We did this for a bit while Asher sat on the grass next to us. He was scrolling through his phone while giggling. Hayden smirked and glanced at him before passing the ball to me. "What're you giddy about?"

Asher put his phone down and played with his hair. "Well," he muttered while rubbing the back of his neck. "I guess we're talking now... I don't know!"

I gasped, "Asher! When did this happen?" I smiled widely as I threw the ball at Hayden.

"It was a bit after you left the frat party," he said. "He said that he wished he was a sophomore that way he could've invited me himself!" He kept rambling about Luca, and it was adorable. I was so happy for Asher now that he finally had his own love interest to talk about.

After a bit of talking, he stopped talking about Luca and looked up at me. I giggled, "What?"

He smirked, "I wanna hear about you and Luke. Hayden told me you went out on a date last night. How'd it go?"

I cradled the hall and giggled bashfully. I tucked some hair behind my ear before talking. "We went to an arcade last night and he won me a pink stuffed rhino." They must've known that there was more to the story because they kept staring at me. I looked down at my feet, the smile on my face growing on my face. "We... uh..." I licked my lips then giggled. "We kissed." I looked up at the two with a wide smile on my face.

They both stared at me with their jaws open. I looked back at them with my smile now fading a bit nervously. Asher hopped up from his spot on the grass and tackled me with a hug. He jumped around while cheering. "You did it! You finally did it!"

His arms held onto me so tight that I couldn't breathe. "Let go! Let go!" I groaned. He then let go of me and I took a couple deep breaths.

I looked over at Hayden and she was still smiling at me. She placed her lacrosse stick down and made her way over to me. She pulled me into a hug, but this one was way looser.

I hugged her back and fluttered my eyes shut as I rested my head on her shoulder. "I'm so proud of you," she whispered in my ear. That sentence warmed my heart.

Asher stood on the other side of us. "Is that a hickey?!" he gasped. I let go of her and glanced down at her neck. There were a couple big purplish hickeys all over her neck.

Bashfully, she covered her neck with her hands and laughed. "I couldn't find my foundation this morning," she said. Asher and I looked at each other and started laughing. "Whatever! I'm hungry. Let's go to Panda Express."