⛸️| CHAPTER 11

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

I spent a lot of the night just replaying everything in my head. The angry glint in Luke's eyes, his tone, the way I lashed out on him. It kept me tossing and turning in my bed all night.

At least it was Sunday which meant there were no lectures scheduled today. I laid in my bed most of the morning. Hayden had plans with Rutger today which meant I couldn't hang out with her and Asher had practice so I couldn't hang with him either. That meant I was on my own today.

While I scrolled on my phone, Hayden poked her head in the door. "I'm going out with Rutger now," she said. "Are you sure you don't want me to stay?"

"Yeah, have fun," I lied. I flashed a false smile. She nodded her head and cracked my door shut. I heard a knock on the front door which meant Rutger was here to pick her up.

I heard the door open and her voice. I had my airpods in so I couldn't pick up what she was saying. I just listened to my playlist with a lot of sad Taylor songs. "Yeah, she's in here," Hayden said. That meant she was right by my door. I looked up from my phone and saw the door open.

In the doorway, I saw her and Luke standing together. "That's not Rutger," I spoke sourly.

"We need to talk," he said. I glanced over at Hayden who left us alone. I really needed her back here.

"I don't want to," I grumbled before looking back at my phone. I turned my music up to where it poured out of my airpods and into the room.

I saw his silhouette walk up to my side of the bed and he plucked my airpods out of my ears. I looked up at him and glared. "Jocelyn, you know me better than anyone." He put my airpods in their case and sat down at the foot of my bed. "Which is why it was wrong for me to shove you away when all you wanted to do was make sure I was okay." I narrowed my eyes as I glared into his. I flickered my eyes down to his lip where he had a little scab of dried blood from where he busted it last night. "You didn't deserve that. If anything I should have told you how I was actually feeling."

I sighed, "It's not entirely your fault. I shouldn't have lashed out like that either."

He grinned at that. "Yeah, I guess we both are pretty bad at being in love."

"Not exactly. Not yet anyway," I noted.

His grin disappeared but stayed there in his brown eyes. "I love you. You know that, don't you?"

"Yeah, I love you too." There was no denying those feelings now. I've never been in love with anyone else. Ever. It felt weird and amazing at the same time, and I wasn't about to let go of it any time soon.

"Good, because it doesn't hurt any less. I know how much you care about us...how badly we all mean to each other," he paused, searching my face carefully. "I don't think I can take losing you or our friendship if you decide you don't feel the same way."

I smiled. "Well, considering everything has changed since you and I kissed, I doubt that will happen."

"So it's not a lost cause, then?" he asked, a glint of hope in his eye.

"Of course not." He smiled again, relieved, and relaxed onto my bed beside me. His hand landed on top of mine, and I squeezed it gently. We lay next to each other, staring blankly at the white ceiling above us. Finally I took a deep breath, "Luke, do you want me to be your girlfriend?"

I looked over at him, expecting to see some sort of panic on his face but instead I got a smile, "Of course I do." My heart soared, I grinned, and leaned toward him. Our lips met again and this time I pressed harder against him. His hands rested on my waist.

When we broke apart he leaned in and touched his forehead to mine. "I promise you that I won't hurt you." He gave me another quick peck on the lips and I laughed.

...

Luke and I wanted to wait to tell everyone at dinner. If we were gonna tie the knot, we were going to do it together. It was hard not to say anything to Hayden and Asher on the way to the dining hall, especially when they kept asking me about what happened when Luke came over.

"Guys, it's fine. We're fine," I answered while laughing. I decided to quickly shift the topic to Asher and Luca, "When are you two finally gonna kiss?"

Asher's face instantly turned red. "I don't know," he bashfully answered. "Hopefully soon. We've held hands already, so that's a good sign."

We entered the dining hall and I got a veggie pizza slice with a Coke and ceasar salad. Before I made my way back to the table, Luke approached me with a smile on his face. "Hey, Jocey," He wrapped his arm around me.

"Hey," I smiled wide. "Get your stuff, Hayden and Asher are waiting."

"So are Rutger and Luca." He went off to get himself food and I made my way to the table where Hayden and Asher were sitting.

I took a seat next to Asher and smiled, "So Luca's gonna sit with us today?"

"Yes, don't embarrass me!" he begged.

"We won't, we're not like that," Hayden replied. She took a sip of her soup and smiled.

The boys finally came over with their food and sat down. Of course Luke sat next to me, Rutger sat next to Hayden, and Luca sat next to Asher. Luke placed his arm on my chair and wrapped it around me.

Rutger finished chewing his burger and spoke up, "Luke, what were you gonna tell us?"

Both Luke and I looked at each other. It was finally time. "Well, I wanted to tell you guys that Jocey and I are officially dating." He smiled as he placed a kiss on his forehead.

Asher and Hayden immediately started freaking out, "Oh, my God! Are you serious?!" she said while grinning from ear to ear. "Jocelyn! Luke! This is huge!"

"Let's go!" Rutger cheered as he got up from the table and wrapped his arms around Luke. "Hughesky is finally a man!" Everyone at the table started laughing as he sat back down.

Hayden and I glanced at each while laughing. "You guys are ridiculous!" I said as I shook my head at the two boys.

Hayden chimed in, "You're only embarrassing yourselves." The boys only laughed, even though it was true.

Rutger pouted as he met Hayden's gaze. "You know you love me, babe." She cracked a smile and kissed him.

"Yuck!" Asher yelled out and fake gagged. "PDA, gross!"

"Ew!" I laughed along with him while shielding my eyes.

"Oh, shut up," she scoffed. "That'll be you and Luke in a couple days, Jocelyn."

I gasped, fake offended. I then looked up at Luke and shrugged. "It will be."

"Oh it definitely will be," he laughed.

A/N; i've been busy i'm so sorry!!!  so i posted 2 chapters to make up for the missing one on monday. love u guys sm!! tysm for the support