⛸️| CHAPTER 2

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

After grabbing our food, Asher and I found our usual table with Hayden sitting at it. She had her headphones on while she ate her salad in peace. When she looked up from her phone and waved at us before taking her headphones off. "Took you two long enough," she said with a wide grin on her face.

Hayden Donovan is not only my roommate, but she's also my lacrosse teammate. She plays as a defender usually in the 3rd quarter so Jasmin, the star defender, could take a small break. I'm an attacker, but I don't plan on touching the field much this year since I'm only a freshman. Most of the other attackers were upperclassman which were bound to get more playing time compared to me.

Asher and I sat down across from her. "It was a long walk!" Asher laughed as he took a bite of his cheese pizza. I personally liked the BLTs and Miss Vickie's sea salt chips. "We would've had our work done faster if Luke hadn't took forever walking Jocelyn to the library."

I gasped and swatted his arm. "Luke was being a good friend and making sure I didn't get assaulted or something," I defended. Asher rolled his eyes and took a sip of his Coke.

"Oh my gosh! If you and Luke actually became a couple then we would both have hockey boyfriends," Hayden exclaimed.

I immediately shut down the idea. "Uh, no. It won't happen because Luke and I are just friends." My face instantly turned red as I took a bite of my sandwich.

After a bit of talking between the three of us, Luke and Rutger came over with their food. "Hey, guys," Luke said as he took a seat next to me. Rutger sat down next to Hayden and pecked her cheek.

"Hey," I said while smiling.

"Hey, baby. How was practice?" Hayden asked before taking a sip of her cranberry juice.

"Meh, it was boring." Rutger shrugged as he wrapped his arm around the girl.

I couldn't keep my eyes off Luke while the rest of our group talked with one another. His hair was all messy and it was driving me crazy. He was all sweaty, but he was drenched with the strong scent of his cologne.

I tried my best to focus on eating my food, but it was hard when he looked so damn good. I was acting ridiculous, I honestly wanted to laugh at myself.

"Are you alright, Jocelyn? You seem kind of quiet," Luke whispered softly, his breath tickling my cheek. I jumped at his touch and nearly inhaled my sweet tea.

I coughed loudly and cleared my throat. "Yeah, um, sorry, I'm fine," I stammered, trying to act normal as I looked up at him. It was hard to keep eye contact with him, so I quickly looked back at my plate.