⛸️| CHAPTER 6

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

My first class of the day let out and I was walking back to my dorm. My head felt a bit dizzy from the night before. Not because of the two drinks I had, but because Luke wanted to kiss me.

Last night, I kept telling myself that he was just drunk and that he didn't mean a word he said. He wasn't sober so how could he think straight? That was until I woke up and talked to Hayden about it. She instantly freaked out because duh... Luke Hughes said he wanted to kiss me.

"No, don't be dramatic," I told her. "He probably didn't mean it. He was absolutely wasted."

"Well I'm a firm believer in, drunk words are sober thoughts," she said. That had to be a myth. There was no way Luke actually meant the words 'I love you.'

After the long walk, I grew a bit closer to the dorms. Right when I was about to open the front doors, my phone rang. I checked my phone and saw it was Dylan calling me. I answered and put the phone up to my ear, "Hey. Is Luke feeling better?" I decided to linger outside while I spoke on the phone with him.

"I was calling you for that reason," he said. "Yeah, he's just really hung over."

I laughed, "That'll teach him."

He laughed at my comment and said, "Could you pick him up something to eat? I feel like he'd like that." Good thing I stayed outside, but that would mean a bit of a walk to the coffee shop. But this was for Luke. I had to be a good friend.

I agreed and hung up. I went to the coffee shop where Luke and I were earlier that week. I made my way inside and up to the counter where I ordered Luke a mocha iced coffee and a breakfast sandwich. I waited on the side while they made my order and when they called my name, I made my way over to the boys' frat house.

The walk to the frat house took forever. There were a couple times in on the trip there where I'd stop and wonder if it was even worth it, but I already had Luke's food, I had to give it to him.

I finally arrived after a leg cramping walk and rang the doorbell. After a bit of me waiting at the door, Luca opened it up. "Hey, Jocelyn," he smiled.

"Hey," I smiled back. I held up the bag of food and Luke's drink. "I'm here to drop off something for Luke." He let me in and I made my way up to his room. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest as I walked down the hallway. I tried to forget about last night and focused more on my sick friend. I knocked gently on his door and called out to him. "Can you open up?"

After a few seconds, I heard his footsteps come up to the door. The door opened and there stood a shirtless Luke in the doorway. "Hey, Jocey." He smiled.

A small smile grew on my face as I spoke, "Hey." I held up the two things for him. "I got you something from the shop."

He took them out of my hands and said, "Thanks." He invited me in so I followed him to his bed where I sat down yesterday. He opened the bag and took of the sandwich.

I took a deep breath in and looked over at him. "We should talk about last night."

He looked over at me and covered his mouth while chewing. "Okay," he said while nodding his head.

He continued eating while I spoke. "Look it's just..." I sighed and looked back over at him. "Do you remember anything from last night?"

He chewed silently for a minute before taking a sip of his coffee. "I remember everything when I drink." Well, that's relieving, I sarcastically thought as I looked away from him. "I meant what I said, Jocelyn. I love you."

I looked over at him and scoffed. "No you don't."

"Yes I do," Luke doubled down. "In the closet, I told you I broke up with her because I couldn't feel the same happiness around her as I did around you. I meant that. I broke up with her because of you. I loved you so much, but I had to deny my feelings because I knew the heartbreak we would experience when I left Toronto." I stared at him as he spoke. I sat in silence, trying to sink every word he said into my brain. I fiddled with my thumbs and sighed. "By the way, I liked the code name watermelon. It was cute."

My face instantly turned red as I quickly turned my gaze away. He laughed at my flustered manner. "Nothing's funny!" I muttered. He cupped my chin and directed my gaze back onto him. My eyes flickered down to his lips before looking back into his. "Do you want to kiss?"

Luke giggled and pulled his hand away. "Jocey, I've been puking all morning."

"Good point," I said.

He laughed again, "Another time... I promise."

I nodded my head, "Cool." I looked away from him again. How was I supposed to act? Luke just confessed that he loves me. You know what those kinds of things do to a girl. Especially one who's been gushing over him her whole life. "I should probably head out, I have a lot of work to do."

"Wait," he smiled a bit while still looking at me. "You wanna go out maybe later tonight?"

I looked over at him as a smile spread across mine. "Sure. What would we do?"

He hummed in thought, "What about an arcade? Do you still like arcades?"

I scoffed, "Of course I still like arcades."

"Then it's settled," Luke said as he jumped off his bed. "We'll go to the arcade at 6."

I nodded my head, "See you then." I got up from his bed and made my way out of the house while smiling wide.

Mark was sitting on the couch with Dylan, Luca, Adam, and Nolan when I passed by. "So, did he ask you?" Mark asked.

"Ask me what?" I smiled, a bit confused.

"To go on a date, genius." Dylan laughed.

"Oh," I said while my cheeks tinted a bright red color. "Yeah, he did."

"Well?" Luca cut in. "Did you say yes?"

They all had their eyes glued onto me. "Yeah, I did." I smiled when they all started cheering. I left the frat house and made my way to my dorm.

A/N; After this chapter, I will be followed a posting schedule on here which will be on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays!!