[17]

wc: 2.5k

to who it applies, happy graduation, and/or happy summer vacation

------

anxiety creeps in your stomach until you're finally parting, gasping for breath as you listen to the sound of your moms feet at the bottom of the steps.

"huh? you stopped?" tanaka furrows his eyebrows as he tries to press against you again, blissed out. but unfortunately you have to shush him, pressing a hand to his chest to distance yourself and scooting up against the door of your room.

he follows you, crawling to press his ear up against the door same as you, listening until a knock sounds at the door.

"y/n?"

"yes ma'am?"

"can i come in?"

you turn to look at tanaka whose face is just as panicked as yours.

"i'm getting dressed!"

"i used to bathe you," you hear the jiggling of the doorknob, "i'll be fine-"

"mom!"

"fine," she relents, "i'll give you a couple seconds,"

in a cold sweat, you jump up from your spot on the floor, tanaka pressing his back to the wall in a panic as you quickly bring the door open, just a creak.

you're met with your moms face, unamused as she stares you down, "whatchu been up to?"

"oh, homework.."

she peers over your shoulder squinting, eyebrows furrowed to see all the things you had hurriedly left abandoned by your bed.

"whats all that?" she asks, trying to step into your door, but you keep the door narrow only showing your head.

you turn your head back, accidentally glancing back at tanaka, face contorted in concentration as he tries to stay quiet all pressed up against the wall behind your bedroom door,

"um.. a friend got me a little care package. at school,"

"and the jacket?"

you swallow as you recall the volleyball club jacket you had stripped tanaka of, bunched up on the floor next to your half eaten snacks.

"also from a friend,"

you try and reason, your moms eyes squinting,

"i was cold?"

you feel your heart drop to your ass as she considers for a moment, finger tapping against her crossed arms

"sounds awfully friendly,"

you nod as you gauge her expression, cool relief washing over you as the hard look she was throwin you softens into a small smile, "what was the occasion?"

"oh! well he thought i was sick, y'know. since i couldn't text him over the weekend,"

"well that's real sweet!" she coos, laying a hand on her heart.

your eyes are fixed towards the ground as you nod, a smile beginning to stretch across your features, "yeah, i guess he is,"

your mom has a look of pure delight as she opens her mouth to speak before closing it again, "are you- dinner is ready,"

"thank you," you nod. she turns on her heel and you watch as she walks down the steps again, patiently waiting until you hear her feet touch the bottom of the steps to finally shut the door behind you.