[23]

wc: 1.5k

his teeth.. r spiky<3

YALL MY DAD ALMOST FOUND MY WATTPAD ACCOUNT🕳🏃🏾‍♂️ when i say ive never been that scared in my life... oml i had to lay low a couple days so mb

----

"wait- are there? wait, are you guys-" there's a voice sounding from the door along with the sound of the doorknob wiggling, right as you were about to drift off to sleep on tanaka's chest, "yo! don't go fucking in my parents room!"

huh?

"a little too late for that, sorry," tanaka yells back, much to your horror.

soo... yeah.

not much time to relax after something like that. you made a quick show of cleaning up and getting dressed, tanaka tailing behind you, completely unbothered.

and, how could he be? not much could bring him down after having seemingly the best day of his life.

he's on cloud nine as the two of you take an uber first to your place. when he sees you off at the front door, he insists on one last kiss before leaving.

"please," he clasps his hands together. you'd feel a lot more inclined if it weren't for your nosey mother peeking through the window.

but nevertheless, you plant one on his cheek before saying goodbye, anyway.

xx

a week has passed since the party. since he finally confessed and basically everything worked out. but still, tanaka paces around your porch with a bouquet of flowers, wondering when the right time to approach would be.

he's an hour early.

things have sort of been the same between you after he let you in on his feelings. the volleyball team still teases him to no end when you showed up at a volleyball practice for the first time in weeks, just to watch him play.

it's just now he can call you his boyfriend. all those scenarios he's played out a dozen times in his head feel even better when it's you, instead of a random girl.

it's so easy for him to get so fucking nervous and excited all the time it's unbelievable.

which is why he is here

standing at your doorstep, so excited to finally take you out on a date. a proper one at that, that he had showed up an hour earlier than intended.

but he has no time to back out now when the front door opens to reveal your mom,

"oh, tanaka!" she smiles, opening the door wide for him to enter, "you look nice, is it a special occasion?"

"yes ma'am," he beams, standing awkwardly in the doorway.

it wasn't any old jeans and tshirt day- he also had the freshest pair of sneakers he owned on, an old blazer he hasn't worn since family photos a year ago, and to top it off, his sister had made sure to give him a fresh cut the night before.

in short, he was ready.

but nervous. tanaka looked like he was on his way to church the way he stood in the front doorway awkwardly holding his bouquet of flowers and smile plastered on his face.

"well, i won't keep you then," she clasps her hands together, "i was just in his room, but he probably taking a nap. you'll wake him for me, won't you?"

"of course!"

and after slipping off his shoes and laying the flowers to rest on a nearby table, he's rushing up the steps to your bedroom, quietly knocking on the door before entering.