Chapter forty seven

Aliyah wowed at the mansion in front of her. Edward let go of her waist then and she glanced around. She always thought her father's mansion was big but this one here, this one house was as big as their training ground and their training ground is considered humongous as it covered nearly half of their landscape. "This is big," she said at last.

"What is a prince without a palace?" Edward asked with a raised eyebrow, deriving a chuckle from her and he smiled softly at that. "Come," he said, walking towards the big doors. "I have owned this castle since the 1100s."

"What?" Aliyah asked, counting quickly in her mind. "That is 923 years ago."

Edward glanced at her with a raised eyebrow, "how old am I?"

"How old are you?" she asked, now really intrigued.

"I will be 2,138 years in eight days."

"Holy moly, what?" She asked and he chuckled and pushed open the doors. He stepped inside and glanced around, he could already tell that Rasmus was not at home and he wondered where he would be. He didn't tell him he would be going to the High Council today or did he go somewhere else? "How can you live in this country of a home alone?"

"Who said I am alone? And besides, I like the privacy. I got the palace just after my men died, it was big enough for me not to miss their presence but it was hard. Then I saved someone and brought her here, she was just a child then and she brought life to the palace. When she got older, to find herself, she had to go to reclusive place and it was during that time that I..." he shrugged. "I had an accident and only managed to get to my palace, thinking that after a good sleep, that I would regain my strength and then fix myself up but when I opened my eyes eventually, I was told that eight hundred years has passed," he shook his head with a light chuckle.

"An accident, what happened?" she asked.

Edward looked at her, "you can look around," he avoided the question. "Feel free to go anywhere you want. I need to find my man and know what he is up to now."

Aliyah knew he didn't want to answer the question and she didn't want to push him. The man was slowly opening up to her and there is no need to rush him since she has all the time in the world now. She smiled and twirled softly in the living room. "My feet would hurt by the time I would be done with the tour, how do you find the strength to be anywhere you want without panting before you get there?"

Edward smiled and in a blink of an eye, he was on the stairs. "I can be anywhere I want at any time."

"Wait, there is something I have always wanted to ask, do you teleport?"

Edward frowned, "no, I don't."

"Then how do you appear and disappear?"

"I don't appear and disappear, I just move too fast for weaker ones to see. I am the fastest runner there are and will ever be. Even the 'Maybach' that Rasmus got for me can't outrun me," he said with an air quote on the Maybach. "We tried it one night in the human realm and it was very fun. Rasmus said it was the model of the car and so he proceeded to hire the one he called a sports car but, I still took the win." He smiled.

"Hmm, and it seems you like that," Aliyah nodded with a cute smile.

"Of course I do. I am not ready to accept that some machine is faster than I am. It is and will always be my title," he nodded. "Look around, I need to find Rasmus."

"Okay," Aliyah said and he was gone the next second. She sighed and looked around, everything in the living room dated back to many years ago but it was still priceless. She picked up a golden statue, from the touch she knew it was real gold and couldn't believe he would leave a fortune lying around in his living room.

The statue was that of a lion with it's mouth open in a roar. She admired the masterpiece and her fingers trailed on the lion's main. The fierceness of the creature was well represented and she knew the sculptor really deserves an award, that's if he is still living.

"What the hell?" she heard and turned sharply to the man standing in front of the door. His eyes burned red and his fangs elongated. "You dare come in here to steal?" he snarled and dashed at her in lightening speed. Aliyah could sense his strength and knew that one blow from him would either hurt her deeply or kill her straightforwardly but his attack was so fast and precised that she didn't know the best way to avoid it. A loud crashing on the wall with expensive ceramics and glasses falling and crashing on the ground made Aliyah's heart jump from her throat and she closed her eyes and brought her hand with the statue to cover her face.

She waited but the very pain she expected never came and then she opened her eyes and saw the man standing in front of her. The second man crawled out of the big hole that was now on the wall. His eyes were filled with his shock as he stared at Edward. Aliyah finally recognized the man as the one she saw with Edward that night in the club, his ginger hair gave him away.

"Don't try it again, Rasmus, I don't want to hurt you," Edward said, watching the man, his every move.

Rasmus saw his protective stance towards the Night howler and he couldn't believe his eyes. "My Prince, that is a howler and she is holding your favorite statue." He felt like he needed to remind him, maybe the man's nose has failed him or something.

"If she wants it, she can keep it," Edward said, turning then to look at Aliyah. "Are you alright?"

Aliyah nodded and looked from him to the shocked man behind him and then back at him. She nodded again with a gulp and tightened his coat around her.

"My Prince," Rasmus called, "that is..."

"A night howler," Edward completed. "My nose is not broken, Rasmus."

"But...but..." he glanced from his master to the girl and then back at him. "I don't understand."

"I know," Edward said but made no move to explain. He grabbed Aliyah's hand and she looked up at him. "She will be staying here for a while and you are not to attack her or question her. If she needs anything, you provide. Is that understand, Rasmus?"

Rasmus frowned, "my Prince, why would I need to serve a Howler?"

Edward glared at him then, "are you questioning me?"

"Of course not my Prince," he bowed immediately, "I will do as thee has ordered."

"Good," Edward said and led Aliyah to the staircase. Rasmus looked up then and his eyes clashed with Aliyah's. His brown eyes turned cold and flickered red and Aliyah avoided his gaze, turning to her front then. Her action slightly exposing her neck before it was covered by her hair once more. Rasmus eyes widened in shock when he saw the mark there, although it was brief but his eyes has never deceived him. Could it really be? And with a Night howler?

His mind went back to the Prince's obsession with the Rogues these past days and how he was worried about them. What is happening? Is she a rogue? He remembered that the Prince's obsession had started right after the blood moon night. He gasped and stood straight, his eyes never leaving Aliyah's back and he wished he could somehow move her hair out of the way so that he would be one hundred percent sure of what he was doing.

He recalled the way Edward dodged his attack on her by delivering one to him. The prince has never hurt him before, but he did so today just to protect her. He pictured the mark in his mind once more, that is a Nightwalker's mark on a Rogue's neck? Heavens, the Prince has found his mate and she is a Rogue.