Chapter fifty one

"Wow," Aliyah whistled when Rasmus drove out the Black Maybach and her eyes ran over the sleek color before going to the man beside her. "You outrun this?"

Edward smirked and didn't answer. He opened the backseat door and Aliyah entered while he entered after her. Rasmus glanced at them at the rearview mirror and nodded when he saw the go ahead from Edward and the car drove out of the property.

When they got to the human realm, Aliyah wowed. If she was still in her pack, then she definitely would be getting a beating for coming her so good thing she won't be going back there for a while and which means she can finally have a good tour in the place, something she has never been able to do. Rasmus took them to the mall and they went to different shops, picking out nice clothes for her.

When their hands were full, Aliyah wondered if maybe she had bought a little too much but Edward didn't seem to mind as he ordered Rasmus to take the bags to the car and asked her if there was anything else. When Rasmus left, carrying all the bags without a care in the world, she turned to the man who was peeking through the glass doors of another shop. "You have changed," she whispered.

"You have changed," he repeated and she chuckled.

"No seriously," Aliyah said. "I have spent the whole day with you and not once did you talk about killing me and how you will enjoy doing it." He looked at her and she shrugged, "before, you say it every minute."

Edward didn't reply and just took his gaze back to the store. He could understand her; even he was surprised how he hasn't felt resentment towards her for once since the day —not like he had ever felt resentment towards her but his mind telling him to—. He has hated howlers all his life and never thought that he would ever be at peace with one of them to talk of being mated to one but last night really changed a lot. Maybe he can't say for the other howlers but he knows now that she is different —just like his heart has been telling him since he first saw her— and guess, that's all he needed to know. "You don't need those?" he asked after some silence.

Aliyah took her gaze to the store, it was a jewelry store and she shrugged. "I don't have any party to attend so I'm good."

Edward glanced at her and without saying anything, he grabbed her hand and pushed open the glass door. Heads turn at their entrance and Aliyah felt like clawing at the faces of the women that were obviously smitten with Edward's looks. Back when she was with Eric, she has never felt jealousy or possessive but now, she just couldn't understand the feeling that was gripping her and she just wants to toss everyone of them out of a cliff. She hugged Edward's arm, leaning closer to him and smiled dangerously at the women.

Edward noticed the sudden change in the woman with him and only smiled softly, ignoring the other patrons as he led her to the necklace that has caught his eyes. He quickly pointed at it and a blonde haired woman rushed with a flirting smile to attend to them. "I want that one."

"Oh, a very nice piece," the woman smiled. "Beautiful men goes for beautiful things, I see." She chuckled. "This is the heart of the ocean, molded and carved from the finest piece. Some said that if you listen hard enough that you can even hear the sound of the waves due to the explicit detail and craftsmanship."

"Can you just bring it out?" Aliyah hissed and the woman finally glanced at her for once.

"Calm down dear, I am sure your brother wants to choose the best one, so give him some time."

"Brother?" Aliyah asked, now really annoyed. "If he was my brother, can I do this?" she pulled at Edward's arm and turned sharply, wrapping her hand on his neck as she smacked her lips on his. Gasps sounded everywhere and she was sure Edward's was one of them. His lips were the softest she had ever kissed and his dead plant cell all but pulled her in the more. She felt a sting on the mark on her neck and she stood on her tiptoes, her hands wrapping round his neck as she deepened the kiss.