Hallways

"I'm alright, Jim," she chuckled, rubbing the burley man's back. He was extremely warm, but still a cuddler in bed. If the new room they were in weren't as cold as a cryogenic tank, she would have died from a heatstroke. "It was just a bad daydream."

"You and I both know that wasn't just a daydream," Jim stopped her from blowing it off. "Do you remember what you saw now?"

"No," she sighed. "It all happened so fast, I couldn't even process it. I've never had that happen without trying to look in a mirror and start it. It's never just come up to me like that."

Jim had snapped her out of it right when things were really starting to happen. All she could remember was shadows and the feeling of dread. She had thought that she would have dreamed about it that night, but her sleep had been completely void of anything. While that should have been considered a good thing, she really wished she was able to stay in that strange vision and see it through. It terrified her, but no matter what, they always had a warning behind them that she would heed.

Indigo wished that she could talk to her grandpa about it. He would have known what it meant, or what to do when it happened. When she was younger it was never this vivid, and she never really thought to talk to him about it. Indigo just learned the name of it from the stories that her grandmother would always tell by the family campfire.

"It's not good to try and force it, if you're thinking about that," Jim told her. His body still felt exhausted as it lay above her. His mind and thoughts were completely back to normal, no sluggishness in his words for the most part. Although, he did sleep a lot more than he used to. "Do you still want to try?"

"No," she shook her head. The first time had scared her so much, she didn't want to go back into it. She was scared to look into a mirror for the rest of the day. It was so bad that Jim had gotten Will to move the mirror out of the room entirely. Now curiosity was trying to get the better of her, but the feeling of terror from the day before was still fresh. It was strong enough to keep it at bay for a little bit, at least. "Let's just forget about it."

"Alright," Jim agreed. Then he started moving off from her.

"Hey," she tightened her arms around him. "Where are you going?"

"I'm trying not to crush you," he grunted, falling back into her without much more resistance. Indigo didn't know whether it was because of his injury or whether he just really didn't want to move from her in the first place. But she was glad that he was close to her again.

"In case you haven't realized already," she kissed the top of his head. "I like being crushed by you."

"That's gotta be the strangest thing I've heard someone say about me," Jim said, his head nestled into the side of her neck.

"Oh, please!" Indigo scoffed. "You mean to tell me that no woman you've been with has ever said that to you?"

"No," he told her. "You would be the first for that."

"You must have dated some boring women," she joked. After the talk about the vision, she liked that they were able to have a normal conversation. This was as normal as it got for her most of the time. Joking and teasing helped to put her mind at ease.

"They never lasted," Jim took a deep breath. Feeling his chest swell and deflate was a whole other form of heaven that Indigo had missed from men laying on her. It felt more like they were melted together whenever she was laying like this.

"Eh," she shrugged. "Mine never did either. I got some fun stories from them, but that was it."

Another thing that she loved about being close like this was that she could feel any noises she heard from Jim, including a growl that came from his chest. Instead of being scared, Indigo just slapped his back a little.

Glassed Destinyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें