Back Home

(POV:Reader)

-"Captain Ashore!"

-"Captain!" the sailors saluted as I passed by them, I gave nods and waved goodbyes to look for my mother.

-"Mother" I walked over to her, giving her a hug.

-"Here you are, finally"

-"Miss Kingsleigh!" I turned to a man dressed in black coat and hat who was rushing towards me.

-"Yes?"

-"You and the Wonder have been expected over a month ago"

-"There were some complications" there weren't many complications, I just stayed an extra month to follow a clue the Cheshire Cat had given me, bad thing was it ended up being a dead end.

-"Oh! Actually I have some papers Lord Ascot must sign, I was able to get some alliances overseas-"

-"I'm afraid Lord Ascot passed away whilst you were at sea"

-"The title's been passed onto his son"

-"Hamish?!" I almost scoffed the name out.

-"Indeed, now chairman of the board"

-"How unfortunate" I mumbled.

-"Well if you'll excuse me, I best be off" mother got into the carriage, I followed after her.

-Back Home-

-"You're letters weren't very frequent"

-"I never knew where you were those three months, and you stayed an extra month, that was not planned" it was mother's time to scold me now.

-"I know! But China was incredible, and I made so many alliances overseas"

-"We got lost at one point and-"

-"Were you never afraid?"

-"I was, but I thought of Ja-...father when I was"

-"You sound just like him"

-"I miss him"

-"I do too, but time is a cruel master, it passes too quickly"

-"Yeah..."

-"I hear the Ascot's are marking Hamish's succession tonight"

-"Perfect! We should go" it would be a great way to talk to the board.

-"I'm afraid the invitation must be lost in the post"

-"Nonsense! Lady Ascot told me I would always be welcomed" I know she said it when Hamish was gonna marry me but she never took it back so...

-"Besides, I really must get a signature of those papers if he wants the alliance made, I also need a-"

-"You're not leaving again are you? Not so soon?"

-"I must mother, Ja-...I need to finish some business overseas" this was the second time already, good thing mother doesn't listen very closely to what I say. 

-"There are important matters here you must assist to"

-"If these alliances get made you won't have to worry about anything" I tried to assure her.

-"Am I allowed to worry for you at the party?" she asked and I replied with only a sly smile.

(A/N):

So...my parents surprised us with a trip to my cousins house for 4th of July. I just got ahold of a computer and pretending to be doing "homework". 

I won't be able to post till the fifth, when we come back.

I'm really sorry but I'll post a second part right now to make it up! 

Thank you so much for your comments,  I'm glad you all like the story so far!

Bye!