Party

(POV:Reader)

We arrived at the party in a carriage. I wore a very light and pale colored dress at my mother's request. Ever since Underland I despised clothes that weren't black, red, and gold. I guess Jack had too much of an influence on me, or maybe it was that I grew to despise light colors because of the White Queen.

-"I really wish you would have let me wear the red dress" I mumbled to mother as two men took our coats.

-"Red is too bright, it makes a statement-"

-"Mother I am a statement, I rejected Hamish and are going to his party, that is a very big statement if you ask me"

-"Must you always be so headstrong?"

-"No...but it's more fun that way" I smirked as we were let in through the doors.

-"Miss Kingsleigh! What are you doing here?" the black-hatted man from earlier asked, looking a bit embarrassed and flustered, does mother feel this way too?

-"I've come to turn in my report, I really need those signatures to create the alliance it'll help Hamish-"

-"Right...well, follow me" I followed him through the crowd, leaving mother to mingle with other guests.

-"Y/n, what a surprise" Lady Ascot said as she saw me walk towards her and Hamish, as well as a lady with a crying red baby.

-"Y/n, well...welcome home" Hamish spoke.

-"We were afraid you might never come back with our ship-"

-"My ship"

-"Hello, Hamish"

-"It's proper to refer to my husband as Lord Ascot"

-"That is why we are having this little soiree after all" the lady who stood next to him spoke.

-"Miss Kingsleigh, this is my wife, Alexandra, the new Lady Ascot"

-"So you're my replacement, congratulations to you both" I smiled as Hamish who turned bright red, probably remembering my rejection. The new Lady Ascot gave a scoff while the man who led me here gave a coughed-laugh, probably not trying to be rude.

-"Well, I apologize for the intrusion, I've come to give my report"

-"Of course, follow me miss Kingsleigh" he led me to a group of white-bearded, old men.

-"Gentlemen, might I introduce, miss Y/n Kingsleigh"

-"Miss Kingsleigh, the board"

-"Good evening, gentlemen"

-"I have made some great alliances during my expedition and if we sign them, we'd be able to make trades with China, I promised to give them a response on my next expedi-" I was cut off by Hamish.

-"There will be no more expeditions, miss Kingsleigh"

-"Why not? This could be a huge opportunity to grow the company you'd have trades going across seas"

-"I just decided not to, I am head after all, so you must follow what I say" all the men gave nods, he was doing this to get back at me wasn't he?

-"This is because I rejected your marriage proposal, isn't it?" the men gave some coughs.

-"Miss Kingsleigh, this is because sea trade is too risky, and your position is going to be given to another young man, one who is more capable of taking this role" the men now laughed along with Hamish.

-"Your father gave me this role, are you saying he made a mistake in choosing me? You'd be doubling your profits with these alliances, no other man has been able to do this, unless one of these men here are offering you alliances with other countries at the moment?" all the men stayed quiet.

-"You're fired" I scoffed at Hamish's response.

-"Are you serious?"

-"Are you seriously firing me because I was able to to a man's job better, I cannot believe this"

-"And I'm taking the Wonder, your father sold that ship to mine-"

-"Your father gave that ship back to me, along with the position of captain"

-"According to certain documents, the ship is part of my inheritance"

-"Fine! I hope these men can do a better job than I have" I threw the alliance papers in the fireplace next to me, feeling satisfied as all the men looked in shock at the fireplace, their mouths hanging open.

-"And Hamish, I hope your indigestion has gotten better" Hamish turned bright red while all the men held a laugh, covering them up with coughs.

(A/N):

See you on thursday!

Bye!