🦋𝐸𝑛 𝐷𝑒𝑢𝑖𝑙🦋

Days had turned to weeks, and weeks had turned to months. Richard hadn't received any news from their doctor regarding his wife's much-needed recovery but he did not want to forfeit hope, most of all he did not want to lose her too as he believed that her time would be clipped too soon.

One day during the cold season of winter there was a knock at the door at precisely quarter past four in the afternoon, Richard heard the sound from his office and quickly rushed toward his unexpected guest, whoever that may have been. He took the locks off quickly and greeted a familiar face, it was the doctor whom he had seen months prior. "Have you come to finally bring my wife back home? Where is she? We miss her so dearly" Richard said ecstatically, the doctor however did not say much nor did he bear a face of joy. He gently put both his hands on Richard's shoulders and without a choice, he shared the tragic news. "Your wife Richard, she...she didn't make it...I'm so sorry, we tried everything in our power to relieve her from her illness. But there was just nothing more we could provide for her..." As these words left the doctor's mouth Richard's eyes began pushing out tears instantly, and his smile had completely faded to that of a rueful manner. He trembled to the ground, but what he didn't see was that Ella was right behind him as she stood quietly on the stairs crying in silence, her head was laid gently on her knees as she sat on the stairs. Soon after a quick moment she ran to her father and hugged him from behind. He picked her up, rested her in his arms and took her to the living room, "Please do come in." he told the doctor, he quickly smiled and followed them both to the living space. The doctor expressed that he wouldn't stay long as he did not want to take too much of their time. Before the doctor had left he had one more thing to tell the late Lady Tremaine's family, so as he stood up, he spoke to the both of them quietly. He stated that before she passed peacefully there was just one last thing she wanted the doctor to convey to her family, she had written her final message to them in a letter which the doctor had to pass on. The doctor had reached into his right blazer pocket revealing a beige envelope and he placed it on the nearby table, he told the both of them that if there was anything they would possibly need they need not spare any effort to write to him and contact him by any means. He then left the house premises and travelled back to his home. As Richard sat on the sofa he had still been crying along with Ella lying silently in his arms. Richard slowly reached toward the table and opened the letter, he read it quietly to himself and his daughter, the message his late wife had written partially relieved both his and Ella's hearts in an instant decreasing the heavy burden. "I know I might not return home ever again...but do not bear sadness as I will always remain with you...no matter what happens you will both always remain a part of me for as long as time may pass. I shall reunite with you both someday and know that my love for the both of you has no end..."

Richard and his daughter will forever cherish the beautiful life of his late wife. They visited her grave often and as they did they reconciled the time to when she was alive and well. It pained them greatly but they had to remain strong as she may have not been physically with them anymore, but she remained in their hearts. And as for Richard, he had to stay strong, especially for his daughter. Time passed and pain turned to memory, Ella continued to grow and flourish into a lovely well-mannered girl. and in her heart, she remained the same, for she remembered the promise she made to her mother, to have courage and to be kind. Her father however was much changed as age got to him, but he hoped for better times and the betterment of his beloved daughter. Ella often spent time reading to her father from the countless books she had, and he cherished these moments dearly. Many years had passed and Ella had just turned twenty years old in May, whereas her father had just turned fifty-four in September. But regardless every time Richard saw his precious daughter's face he could see his late wife clearly and this made him smile from the inside and out, he knew that she would have loved the woman their daughter had come to be.