🦋𝐿𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝐹𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟'𝑠 𝑇𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑠🦋

Later that same day after the entire kingdom had received the news of the prince's grand ball, many of the people who had been present for the announcement left the area so that they could mentally prepare themselves as well as so that they may share the splendid news to their families, there was still a few people wondering the streets as they might have stayed there and were not situated with the many others who had to travel to the countryside to return to their abodes. Regardless of this, just when all had returned they began planning what they were to wear and how they would travel to the palace walls itself as well, they had to prepare accordingly especially if the distance from their homes to the palace was similar to Ella's, quite so very distant indeed. The prince however was busy practicing his fencing skills alongside the Royal Captain as they were duelling against one another, alongside with many others in the royal court. All around the room, one could see great coordination of footwork from the fencers during their duels, the sound of the sabre swords clanging against one another in complete unison. As Kit's opponent was about to defeat him once more since he had nearly managed to tap Kit's legs with the thin blade, he managed to evade it and perform a displacement move backwards instead which saved him from his opponent's blade making contact with the fabrics of his uniform. Kit's heart raced but he soon felt relief from the absent feeling of the bendable blade gliding against his silk pants, he was then almost about to best his opponent as he charged in fully to carry out a counter-attack, beyond his vision he did not notice that he had gotten slightly ahead of himself and instead his opponent had found an opportunity and thus the Captain was able to collide his blade with the prince, the blade was moved onto Kit's left shoulder which was now for the tenth time in a row. "Wake up your Royal Highness! You're in a daze." Said the victorious Captain, he mentioned that Kit had been "off" since the day of the hunt, so he apologized and responded by saying that it was that girl from the forest who had been distracting him since he could not stop thinking about her. "There are plenty of other girls," said the Captain, but he did not see just how much of a keen interest Kit had taken in the mysterious girl and he said that there was nobody out there with her spirit and her goodness of heart and character. "You don't suppose she has a sister do you?" Said the captain jokingly, Kit laughed and said that he did not know but in fact, Kit did not know anything else about her.

They placed their sabre swords into the mounts due to them deciding that it was perhaps enough practice and training for the day. Kit and the Captain had just concluded their fencing session, the both of them began making their way out of the area and the Captain said that perhaps "Kit's mystery girl" would be coming to attend the ball, he asked if that was possibly why he threw the doors open to the people of the kingdom, "was it or was it not?" He asked, Kit of course assured him that it was truly for the benefit of the people. But if she were to attend as he would have undoubtedly hoped for, what was he to do then? He would have to then confess that he was the prince, "and a prince may take whichever bride he wishes." Said the captain, Kit laughed and said that they both knew that his father and the Grand Duke would only have him marry a princess. But if this girl from the forest was as charming and admirable as he said, then they may just change their minds, so the Captain told Kit, "Whenever I may be granted a chance I shall speak to my father once more as I'm soon to be twenty-two next year and surely he may understand this more once brought up again. Indeed there must be some leeway of a sort," Kit replied as the both of them walked down the corridors and made their way to one of the neighbouring dining spaces. They both had a small meal with some other members who had just finished fencing as well, they sat down with those present and conversed about the best tactics and directions as to ensure a successful duel and so forth. While this happened shortly after many servants neared them with many dishes being brought with them. Captain and Kit both finished their lunches and left the area together so that they could continue their conversations while on horseback as they both wanted to eat something before going for a horse ride in the nearby countryside...