🦋𝐸𝑙𝑙𝑎'𝑠 𝑆𝑜𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑞𝑢𝑒𝑡🦋

One following morning after Ella had slept at the foot of the fireplace which had now been completely extinguished and was left with ashes drifting about around the room, she was woken up by the sound of the house bells chiming once again. So she quickly gathered herself and before she could do anything else she swiftly made her way to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for her stepmother, stepsisters, herself and of course Lucifer as well. She walked around the dining table preparing and setting everything such as some cooked sausages, strips of bacon, eggs, buttered bread rolls and tea along with a tall pitcher of water on the freshly laid out cutlery. Lady Tremaine soon stepped in the room wearing her leopard printed robe telling Ella that she was confused as she had thought breakfast was ready, so she said in an annoyed voice while not even having checked the dining table as she only peered at the other side of the room. "It is madam, I'm only mending the fire," Ella responded as she made her way to the fireplace to ignite and replenish the flame, while kneeling before the minute flame in the fireplace her stepmother slowly neared the table and before seating herself she yawned and covered her mouth with the sleeves of her robe. "In future, can we not be called until the work is done?" Said her stepmother demandingly. "As you wish," Ella responded as she walked past the table to bring another plate from the cupboard for the dining area, as she did so both her stepsisters came rushing into the room to feast themselves. Once Ella walked passed Lady Tremaine had got a slim glimpse of her profile and asked what was on her face, Ella was just as confused as her stepmother was and unsurely said "Madam?" With a baffled tone, while brought the remaining slices of bread along with her. She could not see that she had had bits of ash from the fireplace scattered all over her face as she did not have the slightest chance to look at herself in a mirror this productive morning. Lady Tremaine urged her to get herself cleaned up, "You'll get cinders in our tea!" Said Anastasia, and as she stated this she was unaware of the inspiration she had given her sister for the following moment, "I've got a new name for her...Cinderwench!" said Drizella excitedly. As for Anastasia she then went on to further mock Ella by saying that she couldn't ever bear to look as dirty as she did, she laughed and suggested they rather call her "Dirty Ella" instead, and finally, Drizella had come to the conclusion that they should call her "Cinderella" so she said with a proud look on her face. Their mother complimented them both for their said "cleverness" and encouraged it further.

Ella hadn't said a word throughout the humiliating situation so she just continued with her labour. After she was done she fixed herself a serving of breakfast which consisted of one small plate which had slices of buttered brown bread and on the other there were some chocolate biscuits leftover from the night before, "Who's this for? Is there someone we've forgotten?" Lady Tremaine said with a puzzled tone as Ella placed her plates on the dining table, she looked around the room while doing so. Ella laughed and responded saying that it was her place and her serving of breakfast. Her stepmother said that it was just way too much trouble to expect Ella to prepare breakfast, serve it and still sit with them. Ella was quite hurt by this as just about anyone would be, but if it wasn't enough then it would have certainly been enough now. Her stepmother added to the humiliation by asking her a derogatory question "Wouldn't you prefer to eat when all the work is done Ella...or should I say Cinderella?" Lady Tremaine said in a nasty tone while looking at her to make it clear that she was trying to insult her. Ella had no other choice but to awkwardly turn around and walk back to the room where she had spent the previous night, just as she entered the space the laughter of her family echoed through the walls and could still be heard in the distance, this destroyed Ella's very last light she had inside and made her feel as if she wasn't worth anything at all. She slowly approached the table to set her plate down but she had accidentally dropped it to the ground causing it to shatter since she was hurting very immensely which made her quite unfocused. She gasped loudly as it shattered, and her eyes quickly began to water many tears. She knelt and wept while cleaning up the broken pieces and sniffled repeatedly, she picked up the big fragments of the shattered plates and then placed them on the table, as for all the smaller bits she'd rather sweep them up later on in the afternoon. As she placed the pieces onto the nearby table she caught an unclear distorted glimpse of herself in the bronze pot, she slowly neared it and as she did so she saw her reflection in the sheet of metal, in the silence she stared at herself briefly for a short moment.

"Cinderella"...names have power, like magic spells and all of a sudden, it seemed to her that her stepmother and stepsisters had indeed transformed her into merely a creature of ash and toil...