59

Adrian

"Alright, it's driving me nuts, what the hell have you and Charles been sneaking around talking about?" Emory huffs, drying her hands and placing her hands on her hips.

"Ooh, someone's feisty" Addie snickers from her place on Emorys couch.

"I have no idea what you're talking about" I shrug and Grayson snorts, clapping me on the shoulder as he passes by to grab the trash and take it out.

"Good luck trying to get out of that, brother" he chuckles and throws the trash bag over his shoulder, heading out the front door.

"You two have been meeting up and whispering for the last two weeks and I rip my hair out over it! Do you want a bald girlfriend? Is that what you want, Harley?" She babbles and I have to stifle a laugh because she's so ridiculous.

"I think you're beautiful, always" I flash a cheeky grin and on cue, Alex and Addie groan.

"Get a room!" Alex snaps.

"You're not charming your way out of this one, Adrian" my girl snaps at me and I can only smirk at her.

"Would you believe me if I told you it was a surprise?"

"No"

"You're just saying that because you hate surprises" I quirk an eyebrow.

"And because you know that, your plan is to surprise me?" She challenges and I let out a groan just in time for Grayson to return and laugh.

"Told you" he shakes his head.

"Baby, please just trust me and let it go" my words make everyone scoff.

"Mo? Letting something go? Yeah right" Alex snorts and my girl glares at her best friend.

"I can let stuff go!" She defends and her siblings quirk an eyebrow at her.

"Fine! Fine, I'll let this go, it's cool" she shrugs.

Then, we watch as she scurries around her kitchen to pull out pans and ingredients.

She's about to start baking something.

"She's not letting it go" Addie whispers making me glare at her.

Everyone laughs, gathering in the living room to extend this little hang out while I sigh and join Emory.

When she grabs the flour and eggs, setting them on a counter, I sneak behind her and spin her by the hips. She gasps and her hands land on my chest, doe eyes widening up at me.

"It's only for a while longer and then I'll tell you everything, okay?" I murmur.

"Is it bad? Did something bad happen?" She asks.

"No, baby" I chuckle softly, the urge to just tell her on the tip of my tongue before I quickly recover.

I watch as she considers the thought before sighing and relaxing against me.

"Okay" she nods and I grin, bending down to kiss her softly.

"What are you making?" I point to the ingredients behind her with my chin.