24

****
Aviva.

My hair was better, I had beautiful waist beads, I had everything I wanted, and Christmas was nice. The women were nice, we talked and they were good with my hair. My hair felt way better than before. Although I could not reverse the effect on my hair I was okay with what they did eighth. I had corn rolls in, and it felt so better.

I had not seen Eduardo throughout the day, I wanted to thank him for what he did, he made my day. I decided that maybe being a little nicer to him could not cost me, after all, he was housing me and protecting me.

I spent the next few days in silence, I did not see Eduardo throughout just Alejandro who was not very happy with me. I did not think much of it, what he thought of me was none of my business. I called Bianca and Aunty Dina a few times, they asked where I was but Eduardo had warned me about what I could tell them. I did not want to keep secrets from them but I had to protect them.

I walked around the garden with Mikel following me, I felt bored already, so I walked back to Mikel, who sat up straight.

"Do you need anything, madam?"

"When is Eduardo coming back? I have not seen you for a while."

"I... I am not allowed to say anything, ma'am, The don has been very busy as of late but he is asked of you whenever he can," he said as if that was going to make me feel better.

I needed to ask someone that had information for me if I ask Alejandro I would just get ignored but Carlos was not there too, he was as absent as Eduardo, I ate dinner alone without anybody with me and it was starting to get boring as before. I texted Bianca frequently but nothing could fill the hole in my heart.

I modded and walked back into the house, it was the most stupid idea to have a guard watching me and had tried to make Eduardo get Mikel another job but nothing, he would not listen to me.

Catalina tried texting me multiple times after the mall incident but I could not stomach the fact that she would that. We had not known each other that long so I knew I shouldn't have been surprised by her character but I was still hurt because I thought that I could have a friend here. We walked back to the kitchen and I found Lisa cooking in the kitchen.

"Madam," Lisa said and stopped steering the pot of soup she was making, "good evening Lisa," I looked at the pot.

"Madam, do you want anything?"

"I just wanted to see what you were cooking," I said, she explained what she was cooking and I looked over her head.

"It smells nice," I said softly, "when was the last time you saw Eduardo?" I glanced at the entrance of the kitchen. Mikel could probably hear us.

She turned from the pot, "I... Madam, sir has been out for a while, you do not need to worry about him."

I frowned, I nodded deciding to leave. Lisa was not going to give me anything, so I decided to go back to my room. It was boring there but I could watch a couple of movies before I come down for dinner.

I did not see Eduardo throughout the next few days, it was going to be about a week and I was left in the house, I was going crazy thinking of what to do. My routine was the same every day, waking up, eating, swimming, visiting the library and reading, eating again, visiting the garden or watching a movie, and calling Bianca, she was getting more impatient about my refusal to tell her where I was but I stood my grounds.

I somewhat missed Eduardo I could not lie, I had not seen him for about a week and I had been seeing him constantly for more than a month and almost two months.

It was the last day of December, and in New York we celebrated big, I would have spent the day with aunty dina begging cookies and eating cupcakes, I did not know how to cook but I helped around the kitchen, it was nice to have her around me.