44

****
Aviva.

As I walked back into Eduardo's house, I thought of how things had gone in Marco's house. I could not have expected what I was hearing. I knew that I was overwhelmed but I didn't expect that Eduardo would ever do anything like that to me. He had been keeping me away from my family for the past month, without informing me. Mikel tried to nerve but he was thrown out of the office as I tried to process everything I was learning.

I was mad, but I couldn't be mad. Eduardo saved my life but he also let me away from my family. It felt weird to call them my family. I couldn't explain the feeling of uneasiness that came with calling them my family, after all I didn't know them.

"Ma'am, please..."

"I do not want to hear it Mikel! Keep it to yourself!" I shut it down. Mikel was trying hard to defend Eduardo but I just did not want to hear it. .y head was a mess, as I thought of my next plans.

I knew that I didn't trust Eduardo, he could switch up anything time but he had said me countless of times, he has housed, clothes and fed me, he bought me all this things and made me comfortable. He gave me the master wing while he stayed in the smaller being even though his men were opposed to that idea. It didn't slip my sight how noticeably smaller hid room was compare to mind but I just...

What was the reason he could have to keep me away from them? Did he know something that I didn't? Eduardo had a reason for everything he did. He knew the way the mafia worked better than I could ever know but he was also a man. He could be ma manipulating me. What was my use to him? Why did he not want to have any contact with Donald Gonzales and the rest of their family?

I walked to his room and he was still asleep, the nurse were moving around working. Doctor Fatima had retired early that morning and I commended her for her work. I didn't know what to say when I saw his frail fragile body. I turned back and move out of the room.

"Aviva! We need to talk," I turned to Alejandro who was walking as fast he could to where I was standing. I didn't have time for his bullshit, I was not going to be shitted on.

"What do you want Alejandro?" I asked, flatly. "What did Marco say?" he asked and I looked him over. "Why should I tell you?" I asked.

"It is in your own best interest that you tell me what he told you Aviva!" I scoffed.

"I am going to go my room, I do not want to speak to you!" I turned away and me pulled my hand, stopping me. I snatched my hand away, "Marco is a liar! He lies! Whatever he told is aie."

I scoffed, looked him in the eyes, "look Alejandro I think that you should focus on trying to heal yourself and stay out of my business! What Marco Mancini told me is none of your business!" I snapped angrily.

"It is my business if it involves the future of the entire family. Aviva look around you! Eduardo took a bullet for you! I am sure that Marco must have told you some pretty shitty things! That was what Carlos was avoiding when he asked you not to go there!"

"But you agreed didn't you? Against Carlos wishes you allowed me to go there!"

Alejandro sighed, "you have to tell me what he said, Aviva! This is important to all of us! You cannot be selfish!"

"He told me that Eduardo kept me in this house under the guise of protection! He told me that they have been coming to the mansion constantly to try to meet me but Eduardo turned them away!"

"For the right reasons! The boss know what he is doing, Aviva."

"Why are you suddenly defending me? Why are suddenly interested in my business?! I thought you hated me?" I had to ask him.