28

****
Aviva.

Eduardo was seducing me, this was the thought I had as I stared into his eyes, those mesmerizing grey eyes, they were cold and calculating. His expression remained blank but those words left a fucking feeling at my core.

When he said that to me, I almost shivered, my heart raced, as he leaned in. He stared at me as if waiting for me to do something.

What the hell was I doing? Fucking a mafia boss wasn't exactly how to get over David, I knew the idiot was an asshole but when it came to Eduardo I had to tread carefully.

I thought of the pleasure he promised, the way he rasped those words to me, the instant pull of wetness I felt was not exactly something I often had. He would not lie to me, my instincts just knew that he would deliver what he promised but fucking him sounded better than it seemed. I could not fuck him even with how horny I was. It would complicate everything and I could not afford that. I never slept with someone causally, I slept with guys that I dated, and I thought I loved but I did not ever think that I would just fuck anyone, especially not a mafia boss! My eyes left him, and I took in a breath, I was just horny due to my celibacy.

"You should leave Eduardo, it's late and you are sick." I stood up. My heart was thumped in my chest, I did not want to look at him. I did not know what he was thinking but I knew I needed to breathe, away from him.

He stood to his feet after a few seconds of silence, "I enjoyed talking to you, Aviva." he said this and walked out of my room.

That was it. Sometimes I imagine that something happened in my head, as I sat in the library the next day evening my heart would race as my mind went back to our interaction. I should have known better than to bring that sort of thing up to him. Eduardo was a man after all.

I squeezed the ache in my leg, I had a bad case of throbbing arousal that refused to leave even after a day. My body would not understand my need to preserve myself. I did not know when exactly I started feeling that desire but I did, I wanted him but I could not have him.

"Madam," I didn't realize when Lisa walked in, "Mrs Manici is here to see you, she says it is urgent."

My heart raced, my mind went back to what I saw the night of the New Year party. Why was Catalina here? She did not seem to be interested in me after the mall incident.

I nodded at Lisa, "I will be right down soon." Lisa nodded and left. I did not want to see her, I did not want to think about what happened that night. It was none of my business I would say to myself but this secret was big.

I decided to see her even against my better judgement, as soon as she slighted me she stood to her feet and smiled at me, "Aviva!" she said cheerfully and hugged me tightly.

"it has been so long since we have seen! How are you?" I nodded, giving her a polite smile. "Marco said that Eduardo was shot and I just wanted to make sure you were alright! I mean it must be traumatic to be around such a thing."

I nodded as we sat across from each other, Lisa served us tea and I thanked her.

"I thought that everything was settled when I heard that they tracked Rio down and they were going to catch him but the sly fox slipped from their hand."

"Eduardo is fine, I am well," I said, I was being cautious. I did not feel comfortable sitting there. I hated lying, I was bad at it. So staring at her in the face while she rambled on about one thing or the other made me feel even worse.

"Look," she finally sighed, "I know that what happened in the mall messed our friendship up but I miss you, I know that I should not have said some things to you, which was my mistake but keeping to yourself will not do you any good."