Chapter 39

It had been days since Avneet has spoken a word. She just stayed in her room whole day, sleeps, eats or stares at ceiling. She didn't go to see her mom or brother once. She didn't even leave the room once. She didn't cry after her tears dried that day.

Siddharth tried to initiate conversation but she didn't reply, she either just nods or ignore. She was living like a corpse.

Anika has gained consciousness, it was so difficult to handle her after telling her the news of her husband's demise. Without Avneet it was difficult, But Siddharth handled it well. Reem took care of Anika. Siddharth's family took care of Anika and Jai.

"Hello doctor, are you free?" Siddharth called his doctor.

"Yes, what happened? Did you again....?" His doctor asked.

"No doctor, it's not about me right now. It's my wife. She is not in good place. I am scared, she... She... I think I am losing her." Siddharth said. He told doctor everything about what happened and how she is dealing with it.

"Mr. Nigam, your wife is going through it. She needs to get it out, you said she isn't crying or grieving or isn't even angry... It means she is trying to supress her outburst. She is depressed. She can't accept the fact that her father is gone... She doesn't want to. She doesn't come out so she can avoid everything, she doesn't want to face anyone. She doesn't even want to live anymore... But there must be some reason that she isn't trying to kill herself. Something is holding her back, but not for long. You need to figure out what's in her mind, get her talk... Make her cry or smile... Make her feel something! I think it's better to get professional help. If you want I can counsel her." Doctor said.

"No thank you doctor. I think I can deal with it. I know what is holding her back. I will try it my way, if it doesn't work we can try yours." Siddharth said and hung up the call.

When entered the room, he found Avneet sitting on bed, lost in herself. She didn't care if someone entered the room... She didn't even glance at him once.

Siddharth walked towards her and say beside her. She definitely felt he was about to do something, but she didn't care anymore.

"It's been a month." He said. Avneet looked at him and looked away in a second.

He caressed her cheek and made her look at him as his hand travelled to her neck. Her eyes didn't show any emotions.

"I gave you enough time to grieve, I can't wait anymore... I want to..." Siddharth said but was interrupted by her

"You want to fuck me? Sure." Avneet said still not showing any emotions.

Siddharth was speechless. He couldn't say anything further, he wasn't going to say that ofcourse. Avneet started removing her clothes before he could respond making him more shocked.

Her pale face, dark circles under her eyes, messy hair... Her petite body and that lifelessness in her eyes... Everything pierced his soul. Watching her stripping herself in that state made him almost tear up but he controlled.

"Wait... Not yet." He stopped her before she could take off her undergarments.

She stood there like a statue waiting for his further instructions.

"Come near..." He said pulling her closer. She stood so close to him half naked without showing any emotions.

"Kiss me." He ordered.

She looked at him confused but composed herself real quick.

She took one more step closer leaving no distance between them.

She pressed her lips to his. She forced her lips to move with his... It felt like she was just a puppet doing everything he said without any emotions.

"I can't fuck a lifeless doll." He said.

"I am sorry Sir. I didn't mean to upset you. I will try harder." She said before smashing her lips to his again.

This time she circled her arms around his neck, stood on her tiptoes, closed her eyes and kissed him like she really wanted it. It was much more passionate.

But maybe it wasn't real!

"Avneet, do you not feel anything for me anymore?!" He asked after breaking the kiss and cupping her frame.

" I never lost feelings for you. I just realised you don't want me, so I gave up." She said in low voice. "I don't want to feel anything for anyone anymore. I am still alive isn't that enough! Just fuck me and let's get it over with!" She said and smashed her lips on him again.

He pushed her back and distanced himself. "I was not here to have sex with you. I was here to tell you that I want you to get married." He said closing his eyes.

She looked at him confused but didn't say anything.

"See, I am done... Done with you and your family. You are living like a corpse, there is no fun in playing with dead... I want to punish you so I will do it another way now. Let's get it over with. You gave yourself to me and I am giving you to Rahul Raichand. I sold you to him. He will be your owner now. Marry him!"

Avneet never expected this. She was beyond shocked. She didn't know what to say, how to react! For a second she was dumbfounded. But she composed herself.

"You are right! I gave myself to you. I will marry Rahul if that's what you want Sir." Avneet said.

Siddharth felt like she stabbed his heart. He wanted her to rebel but she...

She was maybe more broken than he thought... Maybe she was beyond repair now!