Chapter 44

"How dare you forget that you are mine!" He asked and his grip on her chin tightened. He was angry!

She gulped in fear... he looked like he can eat her alive. "I... I..." She stuttered not knowing what to say.

"I was fucking worried about you... I thought they would hurt you... I ran from hospital just to see you... and you were there in arms of another man! I trusted you.... again! I fell into your trap again! You told me another sob story of yours and I believed it... Again!! I am so fucking stupid for trusting you every single time even after you keep breaking my heart again and again! You tried to kill me... and yet I came to save you... Now it's enough. I will not show any mercy anymore! You will suffer more than hell." His hand travelled to her hair and his grip tightens pulling her hair making her gasp in pain.

"I didn't lie... nor did I broke your trust.... and what trust are you fucking talking about? When did you trusted me or when did you even give me chance to explain myself? You just gave me pain... you ruined me... you killed my father, my brother is in hospital... I don't even know how my mom is right now and you have my best friend in your hostage... while you keep killing me every day! And you say you trusted me and gave me a chance?!" Avneet said. She was hurt. Her blurry eyes meets his red ones.

She didn't explain any further, she knew he wouldn't believe her anyways.

He looked at her trying to show herself stronger. But she looked so weak... he loosened grip on her hair and his hand travelled to her cheek caressing it a little as Avneet closed her eyes for a second before looking back at him with confused glance.

"Take off your shirt." He said. She looked at him confused. "I am not repeating myself" he said.

She slowly took off the tee she was wearing, exposing herself.

He pulled her on his lap exposing her back on his view. He slightly touched the wound making her hiss in fear and pain.

"Doesn't look that bad." He said. "There is cream in drawer apply it. You will feel better." He sounded blank like He didn't care about anything.

"It's fine... it doesn't hurt that much anyways!" She said.

It was not fine, the wound was burned due to her taking piping hot shower and it sure was burning a lot. Siddharth could see that. He looked at her narrowing his eyes concerned. She didn't seem like she cares about that wound either.

He threw tee at her so she could put it back on.

"Let's just eat something then!" He said rolling his eyes.

He walked out of room to dining room, Avneet followed him slowly.

They both sat on dining table opposite to each other as maid served the meal. They both looking at each other with unexplainable but intense gaze.

Avneet was so hungry that she started eating as soon as food was served. She didn't care enough to wait for him making the head servant chuckle audibly. Siddharth stared at her. Head servant just made an excuse and went back to kitchen leaving the two alone.

Siddharth still hadn't started to eat he just watched her eat. He knew she was starving, and she looked adorable while eating.

She felt his gaze on her, so she looked back at him to find him staring at her. She didn't want to say anything so she just ignored him and continued eating... his gaze sure made her more uncomfortable and loose her appetite.

She finished quickly after that. She looked back at Sid, he didn't start to eat yet.

"If you're done... let's talk!" He said.

She gulped. She knew whatever was coming is not going to be good. She just nodded.

"So tell me the truth how much you know about me and who are you working for?" He asked taking a sip of wine served.

Avneet looked at him narrowing her eyes. She didn't knew what was he talking about!

"I don't know what are you talking about. I don't work with anyone you know that!" She replied.

"Avneet see... I cannot protect you any longer if you don't tell me the truth. See I will treat you cruelly but you are safe with me. But if you refuse to co-operate I wil sell you to the prostitution, your mother and brother will be killed brutally, And of course you don't want that... so it's better if you listen to me and tell me everything... why did you try to kill me if you are not working with my rivals?" He asked again. He sounded so calm yet so scary. She gulped in fear as her body started shaking badly.

"I... I... you already know me... I am not working for anyone... I tried to kill you because... because you killed my father and tried to kill my brother. I just want to protect my family." She said trying to sound brave. But her Shaky voice gave it all away.

He stood up from his place and walked to her slowly.

"Let's just hope it's true. I don't want to kill you." He said and caressed her cheek making her freeze in her place. She stopped breathing as his hand travelled towards her neck and grabbed it making her choke a little. "You better fucking behave till I come back. You are not allowed to leave the house anymore. Do you understand?" He asked. She felt dizzy, she couldn't say anything but she nodded in reply making him jerk her away.

He walked out leaving her there alone with plate of food, but she didn't have appetite anymore.

She had to think... think something faster before he hurts her family again. She had to find her family and elope as far as possible!

She knew it was not possible, but atleast she could try! What worse would he do?