Chapter Twenty One

"Don't forget to pack your art supplies too." Dad yells from the kitchen as Juliet finishes putting a few of her books into the luggage.

"Okay." She shouts back.

Juliet and Russell have spent the morning today packing her stuff and they are not done yet. Moving to a new place is a hassle she'd avoid at all costs if she could. As she returns to the desk to bring out her sketchbook and other things, her eyes fall on a notebook, the one she took to Miles and contains his handwriting. Staring at it for a while, she takes the notebook out and then places it with her other books in the luggage.

Sometimes Juliet feels like she's crazy for adoring such a trivial thing just because it has something she can associate with him. But she tries to justify her sentiments the next moment. After all, that's the only thing she has that belongs to him. It reminds her of Miles and makes her feel closer to him and that's enough reason.

In the last few days, she met him a couple of times and spent a good amount of time with him. Still, how can that be enough considering she will leave tomorrow and possibly will return from Waterloo just for a while after a long one month before going back again? As the day for their separation comes closer, the wishful dreaming of meeting him earlier only hurts her more.

Maybe if they had met earlier, there could have been a chance they'd have considered managing university plans in a way neither one has to leave the other. This was an odd time for her to fall in love though she wonders if calling it love already would be the right thing to do. Juliet just doesn't want to rush into things or scare Miles away. Then again, if all these feelings don't sum up to be called love, what else would it be? She just hopes this long distance won't mess things up between her and Miles.

She shakes her head dismissing the thoughts immediately. This is not the time. They have only just begun and she's already worrying herself out.

Everything will work out just fine, she says to herself before busying herself with the packing work at hand.

.....

"I don't want to go at all," Juliet says, sadly looking down at their entangled hands.

"I don't want you to go either. But there's no other way," Miles responds, his face falling. "Don't be so heartbroken though. You are going to come back next month, right? It will pass in the blink of an eye."

"You do realize this is the last time I'm seeing you before I go." Her voice comes out upset.

"I do. Maybe you could take a picture of me with you and hang it on the wall. That way you'd see me every day," Miles says, flashing a charming smile.

"That was genius. Why didn't I think of it before?" She narrows her eyes before pushing him lightly by the arm, "This is not funny, Miles. If I could, I'd cancel this plan right now and stay here. You are so heartless. You don't understand how sad I am." She vents in frustration, her forehead creased.