Chapter Twenty Four

"Tristan?" Her voice comes out half shocked.

He shrugs, smiling down at Juliet. "Maddie told me you've arrived here a few days ago. I thought a visit wouldn't be bad."

After the initial surge of surprise passes, she returns his smile while they gently hug each other sideways.

"It's been a long time." Juliet says, taking a good look at his face. His ebony black hair is slightly brushed up and his usual fair skin seems a little tannish now. "You look more grown up."

Tristan chuckles, casually walking in through the door. "Maybe. You haven't changed though."

Maddie joins them after a while as they all settle themselves in the living room. Since Shania is asleep and Bridget is in school, the house is relatively quiet. As Maddie brings along some snacks and cans of coke, she warns that they need to keep it quiet and not wake her mother up or else she will be mad seeing them eating snacks at this hour of the day.

"How have things been lately, Julie?" Tristan asks, making himself comfortable on the couch.

"Okay, I guess. Just trying to get used to staying away from home. What about you? How are your grandparents?"

"They are doing great. And I'm just... taking it as it comes. Nothing's interesting much."

"He's really uninterested in his studies nowadays. I forgot to tell you that he was even considering not attending college," Maddie pipes in.

Juliet turns to see him slightly rolling his eyes at Maddie. "Is that so?"

"Yeah... I just don't enjoy this academic life. It doesn't seem right for me."

"Oh no. You're such a bright student. It'd be sad if you don't continue."

"I know right," Maddie says enthusiastically. "Which type of idiot wastes a supersonic brain like that? I can just wish."

"Stop being dramatic, Maddie. You act like you didn't just get accepted to a college so many people can only dream of," Tristan retorts.

"Hey, hey, you didn't get the point. What I'm trying to say is I have to work really hard and grind myself to have the same achievement that only takes you a while. You don't even study much and yet your grades are the same as mine while I'm literally falling asleep and waking up on my book everyday." Saying, Maddie turns around so that her back is facing Tristan. "Look at my back. It looks like a banana."

Juliet chuckles as Tristan shakes his head, smiling softly at her quips.

"You and your comedy!" Then he sits up straight, taking a coke from the table. "By the way, do you all want to hang out sometime today or tomorrow whenever you're free? I'm getting so bored staying at home and playing games. There's nothing to do."