Another Meeting

The next morning, the moment Karan wake up, he dialed Tejasswi's number, oblivious to the fact that she was back and sleeping in her room.

"What's wrong, Karan? Why are you calling me early in the morning?"

Tejasswi walked into his room donning a pink-colored Power Girls printed pajama with a white, velvet, panda print comforter in her hand and rubbing her eyes cutely.

"When did you get back home?" Karan asked, looking at the amazingly cute scene in awe.

"Last night, an hour after you," Tejasswi spoke drowsily and walked to his bed.

She made some space right next to him and laid down.

"You could have come with me." Karan said so and moved to make space for her.

"I was there, then her parents showed up, and I headed back to not make the hospital room crowdy." Tejasswi blabbered while dozing off.

"Why didn't you come to me?"

"You were sleeping soundly; therefore, I didn't disturb you."

Her voice turned too low because she was drowsy.

"Are you still sleepy?" Karan asked.

Tejasswi bobbled her head in slumber.

"Fine, sleep tight." Karan pecked her forehead and laid down while taking her in his embrace.

An hour later, they both had their breakfast and got ready to go to their respective work places.

"What is your scheduled for today?" Karan asked while heading out.

"I'm going to the hospital first to check on Mrs. Arora. Later, I have a meeting with director Khanna over lunch; hopefully, the producer will join as well." Tejasswi said playfully.

"Sure, even the ruthless producer doesn't have the heart to turn down such a beautiful heroine."

Karan pulled Tejasswi through her waist, mumbled in her ears, and pecked her earlobe, making her giggle.

"Hush, stop being romantic early in the morning." Tejasswi pushed him.

"Fine, let's keep it up for the night. See you at lunch."

They both bid adieu and drove off in their respected directions.

Tejasswi was getting out of the car when her phone rang from an unknown number.

"Hello, who is this?

Tejasswi seldom answers an unknown number, but lately her life has been filled with surprises. She doesn't know what will happen next.

"Young lady, are you at St. Laurens Hospital already?" A male, hoarse voice asked gently.

'Now who is this person, and how does he know my whereabouts?' Tejasswi didn't sense any negative vibes, but it was quite weird, which made her wary.

"Excuse me, who are you, and how did you get my number?"

"If you are there, can you meet me at the cafeteria, please? I will not take much of your time. Consider it your fan's request."

There was something in that hoarse voice that Tejasswi couldn't bring herself to turn away from.

"Fine, I will be there."

She walked into the cafeteria and looked here and there in search of a person who could be her fan.

"Thanks for showing up.

Tejasswi heard that voice from her right side and tilted her head to see an old man dressed in a brown suit, a brown fedora, and white stubble, wearing black-rimmed glasses, standing there with a walking stick in hand.