Sunshine and Shenanigans

The entire poolside was transformed into a stunning party venue, adorned with an array of white and red balloons, delicate light pink curtains, and cascading strings. The ambiance exuded a sense of festivity, akin to a special occasion. Behind every pair of chairs stood a collection of cherished photographs, narrating the stories of each couple.

The cute decorations brought a smile to Tejasswi's face, but her mood soured as she walked into the crowd and heard unkind remarks about it.

"Ahh, what's wrong with Dad, the red heart-shaped balloon? Are we celebrating Valentine's Day or something?" Shamita exclaimed, eyeing the decorations with disdain.

Shivangi's discontent was palpable. "The balloon's alright, but why the couple mementos? Is this a romantic rendezvous or a family gathering?" Her irritation heightened as she gazed at the picture of her and Vicky, with him holding her in a moment of vulnerability. "Why bother when you're clueless, and who in the world took these pictures of me?"

As Shivangi rambled on, Tejasswi approached from behind and stated, "I did. Any issues?" She arched an eyebrow at Shivangi, who shook her head in denial.

"I wish I could spank these thankless Kundrra siblings." Tejasswi muttered to Aneri, her voice carrying for all to hear. "Aneri, they're disregarding the dedication Dad poured into planning this family get-together. Yes, the decoration might be a bit amateur, but consider the effort he invested in arranging an event for his children and their partners. Do they assume it's a cakewalk for him to do this alone, all for the sake of their happiness?"

Tejasswi's bottled-up anger was unleashed. Aneri nodded in solidarity and shared, "Teju, they have Dad, so they tend to criticize everything he does. It's a common tendency for people to grasp someone's true worth only after they're gone."

"Let's not dampen the mood, at least for Mr. Kundrra, I mean, dad." Rakesh said to console Tejasswi and Aneri, who are on the same page with them.

"I concur; let's rock the party." Kunal yelled, pulling Aneri to the pool.

Tejasswi and Rakesh trailed behind them. Just as Karan was about to join Tejasswi, Shivangi gripped his hand and said, "Can't you rein in your wife? She is talking too much."

"True, she's the one pulling the strings," Shamita added in a sullen mood.

"What did she say that was so wrong? Can't you empathize with dad's pain? He's been married twice, yet he's alone now. We should be there for him, be a part of his plan, and appreciate his efforts, shouldn't we?"

After delivering a reality check to his sisters, Karan harshly yanked Shivangi's hand from his arm and swiftly departed.

"Boss, hold on! I'm coming with you," Vicky called out, dashing after Karan.

"They switched sides just because Tejasswi scolded them. Men can be such fickle creatures," Shivangi mumbled in surprise, displaying little reaction to the numerous lectures.

"I have to agree with them, Shivi. It's high time you learn to appreciate Dad's dedication to the family," Shamita stated before joining the others, leaving Shivangi deep in thought.

"Is it really a mistake to be on the opposite side by myself?" Shivangi wondered aloud, then confidently affirmed that it wasn't. "Certainly not. Dad shouldn't arrange a doctor's outstation schedule without her input."

Five minutes later, Rajesh made a stylish entrance for the pool party, carrying a handful of items.

"Hey Dad, you're fashionably late by five minutes," Tejasswi said in a playful tone, hoping to bring some levity to the situation.