Lenient Tejasswi

"Surprise?" Karan raised his eyebrows.

"No, you tend to shock me." Tejasswi said, patting her fast-beat heart over her chest.

"It's a token of appreciation. You nailed it today, and I was busy with foreign delegates all the day to even congratulate you."

"Hmm, I am moved." Tejasswi said. She moved the stuff toy to the other side and scooted over to him.

"But why this power-girl stuff?" She asked, sliding her hands into his arm, keeping her head on his shoulder, and punching the toy playfully.

"This reminds me of you, my powerful girl." He pinched her nose and pecked her forehead. "You seemed exhausted; let's call it a day."

"Hmm, I am starving." She mumbled, resting on him, feeling solace.

"Then, let's grab a meal first."

Karan wanted to be alone with Tejasswi and drive himself, but she didn't let him go, resting on him lazily. The driver drove them to the Royman Hotel.

Karan's private diner was decorated beautifully with candlelight. Tejasswi was awestruck.

"Let's celebrate your victory." Karan pointed at the table, which has a bottle with two glasses.

"No drink, please." Tejasswi jumped in excitement, making Karan laugh hard.

"Haha, I was kidding; it's a fruit punch for you."

They had a nice time together with cute romantic banter, all relaxed and carefree after taking care of a problem. Karan was teasing Tejasswi, and she discovered a new side of him.

"Ahh, you are getting too naughty lately." Tejasswi said she was relishing her favorite cuisine.

Karan looked at her all busy eating and found it cute. He stopped eating and crossed his hands while staring and realized something.

"Oh, I forgot." He said this and checked the inside pocket of his coat.

"What's that?" Tejasswi raised her eyebrows.

Karan fetched a small square box from his pocket and handed it to her. "This."

"What's this?" She looked at the box and then at Karan with surprise.

"Have a look."

He opened the box, and she found an exquisite and delicate pendant necklace.

"Wow, it's so beautiful."

Karan stood up with the necklace to make her wear it.

"I realized I had never given you anything since we got married, and this is a thank-you gift." Karan said with all his emotions while making her wear

"A thank-you gift?"

"Yes, thank you, Teju, for being in my life and accepting my love. I was all alone, but now I have someone to rely on."

Tejasswi could feel his emotions through his words; she got up and hugged him.

"Karan, you had given so many things and showered your love, but the most important gift I got from you was the one I had been carving for ages." She said it in a baritone during the hug.

"To be real, what's that?" Karan broke the hug, took her face in the cup of his palm, and asked.

"A sense of security. I feel safe and secure around you and loved for the first time."

They both got emotional and got into loving eye lock when Tejasswi tiptoed and kissed him. He held her by the back of her head and kissed her with equal love and passion.