A heart-wrenching choice

Karan muttered fiercely, "I won't allow them to drag Tejasswi into this and reopen old wounds. I'll shield her forever." He seethed, gazing out from the balcony.

He was then submerged in the recollection of an hour ago, when he gently persuaded a troubled Tejasswi to sleep, too preoccupied by suspicions to find rest himself. He paced incessantly, his mind fixated on the peculiar behavior of the Sharma family.

"I've had enough. I'm going to confront them directly about the purpose of their planned visit," Karan blabbered, fetched his jacket, and stormed out of the room while donning it.

He walked purposefully to the 47th floor, where the VIP room, reserved for his most important guests, awaited.

"Janki, why did you intervene when Ishan was about to reveal the truth?"

As he approached the end of the corridor, a cacophony emanated from a room ahead, and he immediately recognized Shekhar's voice, noticing the slightly ajar door.

"What is the truth they're discussing?"

Driven by curiosity and a desire to uncover the secret, Karan entered the room without waiting for permission but halted just inside the doorway, listening intently.

"Janki, let's not make this difficult. This is for Rashmi's sake."

"Why is it always Rashmi? What's their ulterior motive for bringing the whole family to Mumbai to see Tejasswi after abandoning her for years?"

"Mother, I'm not stirring up trouble, but all of your expectations of Tejasswi are becoming unreasonable. I won't stand for it. I'll ensure Tejasswi's happiness is preserved," Janki declared, her voice strong and resolute.

"Janki, our daughter is already leading a joyful life. She's married to a supportive husband and has caring in-laws. Why do you believe we're neglecting her happiness?" Shekhar said it with warmth, his hand on Janki's shoulder.

Janki yanked Shekhar's hand off her shoulder and retorted emphatically, "If she's really as happy as you're claiming, then why haven't we witnessed a single smile on her face? Why does she keep shedding tears in her husband's embrace?"

"Mom, it's because she's feeling hurt by us. Our sudden reappearance after all this time has triggered her emotions," Ishan emphasized, his words carrying weight.

He made an effort to persuade Janki to ensure that the purpose of their visit would be accomplished.

"This reinforces the need to keep Tejasswi out of this, especially considering how much pain our presence causes her. Let's conclude this matter."

On this day, Janki's determination to protect Tejasswi was even stronger than Karan's, even if it meant going against her own family.

"Janki, why are you so focused on Tejasswi? Our priority should be Rashmi at the moment. Do you want me to let down my sister? Please don't do this."

Employing his most potent tactic, Shekhar attempted to sway Janki yet again, but she stood firm.

"I've dedicated my life to honoring the promise you made to your sister, even at the expense of neglecting my own daughter. But that ends today. Come what may, Tejasswi will be my foremost consideration."

"Mom, I'm begging you to understand. Rashmi needs Tejasswi; we have to talk to her. And we all know Rashmi is a different person now," Ishan pleaded, driven by his own compelling reasons to persuade Janki.

Parvati nodded in agreement and added, "Ishan is absolutely right. We gave Rashmi our word that we'd bring Tejasswi. After all, Tejasswi is Rashmi's sister, and she should be there to support her."