Chapter two

Welcome to BookSocial!

Chat between MillinAboutTown and LoveyouaLatte:

MillinAboutTown: Did you see? Oh, My God. I think it's happening.

LoveyouaLatte: Wait, what? I just got home from dinner, What did I miss?

MillinAboutTown: Check your ChatsApp.

LoveyouaLatte: Oh. No.

Chat between LoveyouaLatte and CuppaJoeJana:

LoveyouaLatte: Let me know when you're home.

CuppaJoeJana: In traffic. Everything okay?

LoveyouaLatte: I'm pretty sure it's over.

CuppajoeJana: What's over? What happened?

LoveyouaLatte: Elora & Logan. Check your ChatsApp.

CuppaJoeJana: I'll be home in ten.

***

"What a fucking moron!" Milly screeches through the phone, causing my phone speaker to crack in protest.

Wiping my tears away on the sleeve of my pink fluffy robe, I cuddle up with a cream sofa pillow and tuck my feet under me.

"What on earth was he thinking?" Jana gasps.

Gale is quiet.

As soon as the kids were tucked in bed, I changed into pajamas and made the strongest margarita I'd ever had. Then I put out a bat signal on ChatsApp to the three of them for a group call.

I'd just finished rehashing the day's events when Milly started cussing in four different languages. She doesn't even speak another language. She just knows the cuss words in all of them.

"So that's it then?" Gale finally asks. "You've asked for a divorce?"

I take a big gulp of my drink. "Yes."

"Oh, Elora. Should you really be alone right now?" Jana asks, her voice soft, nurturing almost.

"Tessa's at a viewing for a friend who died and Court is on a work trip in Denver." I sigh, referring to my two best friends.

Tessa and Courtney will be caught up to speed on my dumpster fire life soon enough, but for reasons mentioned, I'd decided to wait until they got home Thursday to tell them. They have enough going on.

"Do you want me to fly out there?" Milly asks.

"Oh Mil, I can't ask that of you! You're about to fly to New York next week. It's too much. I'll be fine." I say, far more confident than I feel.