Chapter 16

Sansa stared up at the head in front of her, it wasn't Robb. She knew it. Before she hadn't doubted for a moment her brothers death, she knew in life the monsters win. She thought she would never remember his face again. His blue eyes that matched her own. His auburn hair that curled at the ends. The smile he gave her when he said goodbye.

She tried to imagine him when they crowned him King in the North, she tried to remember her mothers smile but all she could see was Joffrey. His face as he watched Ser Meryn Trant beat her. She hated them, everyone of them.

But this wasn't her brother.

~

"Your Grace, Lady Sansa is here to see you" Margaery told the servant to send her in, smiling she rose to her feet greeting Sansa, she ushered her chamber maids away. "Your Grace" Sansa bowed her head softly at her presence.

Margaery lowered her head slightly, her eyes still fixed on Sansa's, smiling up at her. Sansa looked down, she grabbed the material of her dress, clenching it tightly in her hand.

"What ever is the matter?" She guided Sansa to sit down and placed a hand over hers. "I went to see my brother's head today" she looked up at her. "Sansa you shouldn't-" "I needed to, I thought it would help but..." She closed her eyes trying to force the tears not to fall. "It wasn't Robb... It wasn't I know it" Margaery took her hand away from hers, she remained silent for a few moments.

"Sansa you couldn't possibly tell, your in mourning" "you don't believe me? I know my brother and that wasn't him" Sansa's eyes were pleading with her, she needed somebody to tell her she wasn't mad.

"Have you told Jamie this?" Sansa shook her head "only Shae" Margaery's grip tightened slightly over Sansa's hand. "You mustn't, if he finds out-" Margaery looked away. Sansa had never seen her like this. She got up and made sure no one was by the door, she shut it again behind her.

"Promise me you won't tell him what you saw" Sansa furrowed her brow "I don't understand" Margaery came closer to her. "You mustn't tell anyone, if the Lannisters find out-" "you believe me?" Sansa spoke unsure.

"You weren't supposed to find out, not like this, not yet" she sat down once more next to her, taking her hands in hers. "On the night that the Boltons turned against your family, they had Tyrell men helping them, well that's what the Boltons and Lannisters thought, but in between the slaughter, they got them out, when Lord Bolton realised it was too late."

"But the head?" Margaery took a deep breath "Lord Bolton knew the consequences of his failure to remove Robb and so he and Lord Frey made a deal, they found a head from one of the Stark men that had been killed and had no other choice but to send it to Kingslanding, in place of your brothers" Sansa sat back slightly taking in what she had just heard. "Lord Bolton knows my brothers alive?" " he presumes him dead, the only Tyrells to know about this is my brother and Grandmother."

"And my mother she's alive aswell?" Margaery looked back at her "yes, we only got them out in time, it was too dangerous to try and get more people out" she pressed her lips together.

"Whatever happens, Jamie mustn't find out."

~

Sansa returned late to her chambers, she had stayed with Margaery for a while before returning. She shut the door behind her to find it empty, there was a soft glow emitted by the candles that flickered in the dark.

She gave a sigh of relief, she couldn't face Jamie, not after what she had just found out. She wanted to trust him, she had never wanted to play this game, she knew one slip and she was dead.

~

"So will you help me or not?" Tyrion looked at his brother who was pleading with him. He nodded "If I agree, may I ask why you are so set in having my help?" He raised his brow, looking to his brother. Jamie took a short breath.