°•°•1.4•°•°

Down in the village, two knights came to tell the villagers that their taxes would be increased by 10x if they don't get the sword out of the ground by sundown. This prompted them to protest saying they can't even make one bottle much less 10x the normal amount. The knights told them that it was punishment for disrespecting a Holy Knight and claiming to be friends with the Seven Deadly Sins and one villager blamed Meed who ran to the center trying to pull the sword out of the ground. The knights taunted Meed saying it wouldn't be fun if he was the only one and charged 20x the normal tax amount and the villagers began yelling at Meed until the chief stepped in and explained that Meed was just trying to help after the Holy Knight insulted their ale and helped them see that it wasn't his fault. 

Meed's aunt placed a hand on his shoulder telling him he wasn't the one to blame and helped him pull the sword out, the men began walking towards the sword and told Meed's aunt and the other children they'd handle this while the knights continued taunting them. They attach three ropes to the sword and try pulling it out but to no avail and the knights laugh at them. Meliodas walks past them stealing their ale. "Anyone who doesn't appreciate good quality booze doesn't deserve to drink it." He tells them. Celeste side eyes him and goes over to the villagers trying to pull out the sword just as the ropes snap throwing them. "I apologize on behalf of the king for what that Holy Knight did," Celeste starts grabbing the sword's handle, "But I promise when I find him, I'll teach him a lesson." She says pulling the sword out with ease much to everyone's surprise.

"Impossible, only a Holy Knight could pull that sword out." A villager says in disbelief. "So how did she do that?" A knight asks. A rumbling could be heard and the knights were thrown off the well by a gush of water and the villagers cheer when the water rained down on them. Celeste walks over to the knight holding the sword with both hands and smiles at the knights. "You dropped something." She says dropping the sword in front of them scaring them, they take the sword and run away screaming. "Sure showed them," Meliodas says walking over to Celeste. "Mhm," Celeste replies. "Hey miss that was amazing," Meed says walking over to them. "Are you really-" "Yep, we are the proprietor of a fine drinking establishment, it's true." Meliodas cuts him off. "That's not what I meant." Meed tells him. 

"Well, there are other things you should be doing right now." Celeste tells him, looking behind him where the villagers stood. "Look Meed, we were wrong. Can you ever forgive us for treating you that way?" The chief asks. "But what right do I have to forgive you? It's not like I'm part of the village." Meed says looking down. Celeste gives him a little nudge in their direction, "Go on." "Hey, what do you mean go on? After all, I don't belong here." Meed expresses, the villagers begin chanting his name, and he closes his eyes to avoid crying. Eventually, he gives in and runs into the chief's arms crying. "You can lie to yourself all you want, but there's no way you'll be able to fool your own heart." Meliodas says looking at them with a smile that drops when he remembers something, he grabs Celeste's hand and places a kiss on her palm.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•☆☆•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Later that night the tavern was packed with everyone from the village celebrating. "To Meliodas, Celeste, and the Boar Hat! Cheers!" Someone shouts. "I-uh I'm not really sure if I'm ready. I've never done anything like this before. My heart's pounding!" Elizabeth confesses. Meliodas was going to say something but Celeste beat him to it, "I know the feeling, but hey, you'll learn once you try it, for now just focus on waitressing no need to gather information yet, and also try to relax yourself." She tells the younger girl placing a hand on her shoulder. "I can do that! I will be relaxed!" Elizabeth claims confidently, however as soon as she begins serving she trips and spills ale all over a customer and begins apologizing, she then messes up an order and when she gets it right she trips almost throwing the food onto the customer but Celeste catches her by the waist and saved the food with her free hand. 

"I'm sorry it's her first day and she's never done this before." Celeste apologizes placing the food in front of the customer. "It's no big deal." The customer waves her off, Celeste nods and continues serving customers and Elizabeth stands in a corner sad. "Ha, you haven't worked a day in your life have you?" Meed teases her. "Uh-I" She stutters looking at the boy. "Oh, it's totally obvious, you completely suck at this job." Meed continues. "Now, that's enough. Don't start mouthing off again. Didn't you learn your lesson today? Children who get too big for their britches get taken out and left in the Forest of White Dreams." Meed's aunt warns him and the boy begs his aunt not to. "Forest of White Dreams?" Elizabeh asks. "It's a gme so spooky, even Holy Knights won't travel through it. "Oh auntie, I promise I'll be good, I'll behave, anything but that!" He explains then begs his aunt. 

Meed's aunt continues scolding him and the boy keeps promising that he'd be good, Elizabeth smiles at them before frowning. Celeste and Meliodas continue working when they both pause feeling something heading towards them. "Shouldn't you see what's up? We just had a princess run out of here." Hawk tells them. "Aren't you gonna make her feel better?" Hawk pushes. "Gotta go pee." Meliodas simply replies and Celeste decides to stay inside to serve everyone. "You think he's gonna help her?" Hawk asks following the Goddess around the tavern. "Honestly, Meliodas is an unpredictable person so, who knows." Celeste shrugs, going behind the counter and filling Hawk's bowl with scraps. "Here you go." She says placing it down in front of the pig. "Thanks!" Hawk beams chowing down on the scraps, Celeste smiles at him and crouches in front of him petting him. 

She walks outside upon hearing an explosion and Elizabeth calling out to Meliodas, looking down the hill she sees Meliodas crashing into many houses trying to stop an electrified spear. Meliodas leans back, does a spin, and throws the spear back in the direction it came from. Celeste picks up Elizabeth and holds Hawk under her arm and jumps off a cliff. She then puts them on the ground and runs to Meliodas as the villagers assess the damage. "So glad we found you! Sir Meliodas, was that spear from the Holy Knight who left his sword in the ground?" Elizabeth asks as Meliodas looks down at his bloody hand. "Probably so. I think it's our cue to leave here as soon as we can." Meliodas informs them, Celeste walks over to him holding his injured hand with both her hands inspecting his wound. "What if Vanya village is attacked again?" Elizabeth asks. "As long as we're here, they'll be attacked so if we leave they'll be fine." Celeste explains. 

"It'd be nice if we could find some place to hide out." Hawk says. "Wait a minute," Elizabeth starts. "What is it?" Meliodas asks. "Earlier tonight, Meed said he'd do anything not to be taken to the Forest of White Dreams. In fact, he said even Holy Knights steer clear of the place." She explains. "Really sounds good to me." Hawk says. "That settles it then. Except that we're not going to be hiding because we're going to do exactly as we should." Meliodas says punching his palm. "What do you mean by that?" Hawk asks. "There might be a sin in the forest. Off to the Forest of White Dreams, we go!" Celeste announces raising her fist in the air and Elizabeth smiles.