Wattpad Original
There are 18 more free parts

Chapter 6

Maddie

I took the long way home with Izzy from the park, needing the walk to clear my head. My mind was whirling with all the endless possibilities of what this video leak would bring, and no matter what I did, my brain wouldn't shut off.

What if Katie decides to leak the video she has of me, too? My entire career will be over with. Most importantly, how is Cameron doing with this tape release? I haven't seen the sex tape, nor will I ever watch it, but this has to be bothering him. I love him too much to be mad at him for not telling me about it. Instead, I'm more concerned about his mental health. Across the world, people are watching him have sex with someone else, and there's nothing he can do to stop them. I can't possibly imagine how he's feeling.

I am hurt he's not answering my calls, though. We're married, and that means we handle these tough situations together. I'm sure he's on calls with his entire management team at this point to try and figure out what to do, but, of course, my mind is straying to the worst possible explanation.

Maybe he's leaving me.

Maybe Katie convinced him to coerce a fake engagement with her again.

And what will I do then? What will Izzy do?

God, Maddie, stop it! He is not leaving you, and he would never leave Izzy.

Letting out a deep breath, I stop outside the door of our apartment and fumble with my keys to try and open up the door. My hands are shaking, but after two attempts, I'm finally able to get it open.

"It's about time," a deep voice says when I step into the kitchen.

I practically jump out of my skin, a hand flying to my chest when Cameron pokes his head around the corner. He's standing in front of a pot of boiling water, stirring the macaroni around with a wooden spoon.

"Cam?" Blinking a few times to ensure I'm not hallucinating, my thoughts finally catch up enough to form words. "W-what are you doing here? You have practice. The team is counting on you, and—!"

"Fuck the practices," he says, setting the wooden spoon on the counter. Izzy is still in her stroller, and he winces, forgetting she was here. Thankfully, she fell asleep on the walk home. Cameron is standing in front of me in two strides, hands snaking around my waist. "You're more important, Mads. After everything that happened, I needed to see you. I needed to explain..."

"You couldn't have done it from a phone call?"

He arches a brow. "Are you mad I'm here?"

"What? No, are you crazy? I'm thrilled you're here, but I..." Heaving out a sigh, I wrap my arms around his neck. He's here with me. He's not leaving us. "I'm just confused. What the hell happened? Why wouldn't you tell me?"

Before he can reply, Izzy lets out a whimper from her stroller, and Cameron's eyes immediately drift to her tiny body, squatting down to be eye-level with her. "Daddy?" she asks tiredly.

"Hey, baby girl." He clips off her harness and pulls her against him, letting her head fall on his shoulder. "I missed you so much."

My heartstrings are pulled on so heavily at the sight of them together. Izzy looks tiny in Cameron's arms.

"You hungry?" he asks. "I'm making mac and cheese."

She shakes her head and lets out a yawn.

With a sympathetic smile, I add, "We got dinner from the food stand at the park. She's probably ready for bed."

"Leftovers, then," he whispers into her ear. "Want daddy to put you to bed?"

Izzy nods, snuggling closer into his chest.